Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dm4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 the install fails at about 60%.  Error codes are 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 with message "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with error during SYSPREP operation.  Reading some other users' comments it may be I need a BIOS pgrade.  Any other suggestions welcomed.  If I need a BIOS upgrade I don't know how to do that.  Many thanks all.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TORTOISE_LOVER 

The BIOS Upgrade response is the default one that MS provides whenever folks have older PCs that won't upgrade to Win10 v1903 -- and yours has not had such an upgrade since 2012, and HP is not writing any newer versions.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Can anyone help please?

HP Recommended

I do have this issue and spent with Microsoft 2 days trying to solve the issue. They said it is HP issue and they suppose to provide the updated drivers for Windows 10 1903. Any one from HP can response to this claims???????

Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.