Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
x360 11-n010dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 on a client's Pavilion x360 2-in-1 (model 11-n010dx), and Windows won't automatically switch to/from Tablet Mode  the way it's supposed to (tent or tablet = Tablet Mode, laptop = normal mode).

I took care to install all the available hardware drivers & utilities from the HP support site, especially those that seemed related to slate mode detection (GPIO, Virtual Buttons, HP System Event Utility, etc.).  I have no missing drivers or "Unknown devices" in Device Manager.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi @johnnyzero2a,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x360 11-n010dx and no Tablet Mode auto-switching in Windows 10. Here is a link that shows how to enable the screen function for the Notebook.

If you click on the Windows key and type Rotation lock does it show you that it is locked and can you unlock it?

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

The problem I'm having is not related to screen rotation, per se.

Rather, it's an issue whereby Windows does not automatically switch to/from Tablet Mode as it's supposed to, based on the position of the LCD hinge. If the LCD screen is opened more than 180°, Windows should sense that and automatically switch to Tablet Mode (since that means you're using the computer as a tablet or in "tent" mode). This is a basic feature of all 2-In-1's, including the x360 (hence the name :smileyhappy:).

I'm guessing the hinge position sensor is not working correctly, due to a driver issue. Or maybe the sensor itself is defective.

Again, any suggestions are appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hey, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue with my pavilion that's 1 week old!

Let me know, cheers

HP Recommended

Hi @PFK1001,

please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!:smileyhappy:

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Did you get this fixed? I'm having the same problem.  Put in a new SSD, clean install, added all the drivers, spent 2 hrs on the phone with HP tech support and still can't fix it.  Most of their support people don't seem to understand auto switching vs manually putting it in tablet mode.

HP Recommended

I'm the original poster, and after 5 months I still haven't gotten an answer about this.

I agree: the HP tech support folks are generally pretty useless. If you look at the earlier posts, you can see that the HP Support Agent (Mrstenter) incorrectly assumed that I was talking about a screen rotation problem. Did she even read my original post? Sheeesh...

As I said previously, I suspect this is a hardware driver issue. There must be some kind of sensor on the hinge, either mechanical or magnetic. The driver for that sensor must not get installed properly when you do a clean Windows 10 installation, even if you download & install all the available x360 hardware drivers from HP.

Maybe at some point somebody at HP will figure this out. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

HP Recommended

Exactky the same issue.  worked great with 8.1 not with 10

HP Recommended

It doesn't look like HP is ever going to fix this, so I wrote a little utility will toggle Tablet Mode on/off.

http://www.frontiernet.net/%7Ejohnnyzero/TabletToggle.exe

Create a shortcut to the .exe, and then you can pin that to the taskbar and/or the Windows 10 Start screen. You could also assign a hotkey combination to the shortcut. It beats having to access Action Center every time you want to switch modes.

HP Recommended

Hey, so I had a similar issue where it just stopped rotating and it wouldn't auto switch into tablet mode either. It took a lot to figure it out, but try this.

1. Open the device manager

2. Expand the "System Devices" tray

3. Right click on "Intel(R) Intergated Sensor Solution) and select properties.

4. Under the driver tab, click rollback driver

5. Try it now!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.