Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs1022nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Over the past few weeks, I have been having recurring issues whereby my camera just stops working and all my USB ports stop responding to devices. I would usually get error messages such as Device Descriptor request failed. Eventually, these messages would magically disappear and everything would be normal. I then started getting the camera error code 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> and this also went on to resolve itself after some time. Then all of a sudden, The camera error code returned, USB ports stopped responding to any peripherals with error messages such as Device Descriptor request failed and Port Reset Failed. Coupled with that is Bluetooth just disappearing from the Device Manager. I have tried to install the drivers using HP Assistant but according to the desktop application, all my drivers are up to date. I have even done a full factory reset on the laptop but the problem still persists. 

Product Details

Product Number: 6KS29EA#ABZ

Screenshot of Device Manager

HP Device Manager.png

Your help will be very much appreciated. Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sammy-Nyakabau Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a 0xA00F4244 error.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Here are a few steps to resolve the issue, start with checking for the webcam kill switch (if available on your model) and ensure its turned on,

That said, If your webcam has stopped working after installing a new update, you should uninstall the update and roll back to the older version. You will have to open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Roll Back Driver button > select Yes on the next window. After that, you need to restart your PC to check whether it is working.

If that doesn't work or there were no updates before the issue occurred, you might need to uninstall the webcam driver.

To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Uninstall Device button.

Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)

Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

1. Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
  2. Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
  3. Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello! 

Thank you for your response.

However, none of the solutions provided worked for me. The webcam is not listed in device manager as shown on my initial screenshot. I have gone through all the steps suggested on the https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151 to try and restore the webcam but that too has failed. 

HP Recommended

@Sammy-Nyakabau

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have  a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.