Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
G62-219CA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am considering buying a 256 SSD for my older G62-219CA.

Can I somehow backup or clone JUST the recovery partition so when I install the new SSD I can put the recovering on there and have that convenience for later use?

I can't close my entire hard drive b/c the SSD will be too small compared to the original drive.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ToddNS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is not really possible to backup or clone the recovery partition. Your best option is to create the HP Recovery Media using the Recovery Manager or to order the media from HP at DVD - Windows 7 64b Dual Language (Office 2010) + Supp 1 Recovery Kit.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It is not really possible to backup or clone the recovery partition. Your best option is to create the HP Recovery Media using the Recovery Manager or to order the media from HP at DVD - Windows 7 64b Dual Language (Office 2010) + Supp 1 Recovery Kit.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Why can't I clone the recovery partition?  

Second question - I began the HP Recovery Media on disks but thought it would be better and easier to use a spare hard drive via usb. How can I make the change because the Recovery Manager tells me that I can only do one copy?

HP Recommended

Sorry kidnapp ur post a while as i am also facing the similar situation where try to plug in a kingston savage ssd to replace the origi barracuda as primary... if i got the recovery thing done can i boot from the recovery cd then restore the windows to my new plug ssd and make it become primary? I was trying to clone the recovery partition however everytimes it give me blank screen by using acronis true image hd provided by kingston.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.