Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-g121wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi: I changed the CR 2032 battery like i being told,and still get the error message. Tell me if i'm missing a step. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi: I change the outter battery and problem resolved. bBefore that i haved change the small round battery and nothing happened, still get the error message; but when i change the long battery i get no more error message. Thank You.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Chegui 

Product introduced in September 2015

There are two batteries in the computer:

• RTC battery - pretty long lasting, generally five to seven years or longer (personal experience).
  • Main battery - generally lasts about as long as the computer warranty to about three years.  Much depends on the number of charge cycles, the conditions in which the system is run, and the original quality of the battery unit.

HP Pavilion Notebook 17 Models 17-g000 - 17-g099 AMD Models - Maintenance and Service Guide

Little RTC battery - Part number and replacement - Page 40

Main battery Part number and easy Replacement - Page 27

Component testing...

Run Component Tests

Contributed by  Wes_notebooks 

Testing for Hardware Failures

HP Document

HP PCs and Tablets - About UEFI and the Startup Menu

I suppose it is possible you replaced the wrong battery...

Or, you replaced the right battery but used the wrong part...

Or, you replaced the right battery and used the right part, but the installation was incorrect...

Or,  you replaced the right battery and used the right part, and the installation was correct and now something else has "gone wrong"...

Or, that you replaced the right battery and used the right part, and the installation is OK - and the actual issue is "elsewhere" in the electrical system (on the board, for example). 

?

If you cannot resolve the issue, you could always take the computer to a local repair shop - the "electrical" system could be checked by a trained tech in a few minutes.

Need or want more information?  Search for additional solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g121wm (ENERGY STAR)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi: I change the outter battery and problem resolved. bBefore that i haved change the small round battery and nothing happened, still get the error message; but when i change the long battery i get no more error message. Thank You.

HP Recommended

@Chegui 

You are welcome.

Makes sense; I was pretty sure you (initially) changed the wrong battery only because it is unusual for the RTC battery to fail so soon. 

Happy Computing.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.