Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help with figuring out how to resolve problem with getting the latest Windows 10 update to install on my HP Pavilion G6.  It currently is running Windows 10 OS version 1903.  But I have not been able to successfully complete an update for sometime to the latest version.  The message I received was something like "install was not able to complete because one or more system files not available (unable)  to update.   Please help me.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Preach_Pow 

My guess is that you are trying to use Windows Update to do that, right?  While that is often the easiest way, it is also the least reliable and the most prone to problems.

If it were mine, I would do the following :
1) Use this link to download and create Win10 install media: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
2) insert that into your PC (do NOT boot from it), find the folder containing the media, select the setup.exe file, right-click that and select Run as Administrator.  This will start an in-place Upgrade which could then take a couple of hours to complete.

If you are presented with a window asking for a product key, down near the bottom is a entry you can click to skip that. Do NOT enter a product key, as it will reuse your existing key and when you finish and get back online, Windows will automatically reactivate.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.