Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ZBOOK 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,
We have a problem with two computers, bought at the same time (HP ZBook 15 G2) with i7-4810MQ 2,8 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, windows 7 professional.

The problem occured for 3 weeks ago, on both our computers. Windows want to upgrade our drivers for the NVIDIAs GPU. When we shuts down windows on the end of the day the computer makes updates. When we start the computer the next day wie gets options "repair, recommended" and "start normal". If we press "start normal" the computer dosen´t even start and get back to the two options. When we press repair it work and i´ll guess it removes the update that made the day before. This scenerio happens day after day...

Have HP got any solutions???

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,
We have the same problem or similar with two computers (HP ZBook G2) with i7-4810MQ 2,8 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, windows 7 professional.

The problem occured for 3 weeks ago, on both our computers. Windows want to upgrade our drivers for the NVIDIAs GPU. When we shuts down windows on the end of the day the computer makes updates. When we start the computer the next day wie gets options "repair, recommended" and "start normal". If we press "start normal" the computer dosen´t even start and get back to the two options. When we press repair it work and i´ll guess it removes the update that made the day before. This scenerio happens day after day...

Have HP got any solutions???

HP Recommended

@AndreasA wrote:

Hi,
We have a problem with two computers, bought at the same time (HP ZBook 15 G2) with i7-4810MQ 2,8 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, windows 7 professional.

The problem occured for 3 weeks ago, on both our computers. Windows want to upgrade our drivers for the NVIDIAs GPU.

Hi @AndreasA

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Please, note that I merged your 2 posts into this thread here so that we keep it in one place.

This is Windows/Microsoft issue as it is they who want to push some faulty update to your PC. You are lucky because you use Windows 7. If it was Windows 10, it would have been more difficult to fix it.

Drivers are essential part of operating system as they tell the OS (Windows) how to use your hardware. If the hardware works fine and as expected, driver updates do not bring much positives because it is already working fine. Driver updates would only bring positives if they fix some security issues found with the drivers (which was previously unknown).

My recommendation is to ignore this faulty update. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Change settings

Under "Important updates", make sure you configure it to be this way "Check for updates but let me choose wheter to download and install them".

Make sure you also uncheck/deselect the option below known as "Give me recommended updates the same...." and also "Give me updates for Microsoft products and check..."

Click OK to save the changes. By doing so your PC will only check for updates but will not automatically install them. You will need to manually select what installs and what not.

Later, you can manually check for updates and the results will be similar to this one:

Make sure that you uncheck the faulty update for NVIDIA which shows up and also, right click it and choose to hide it

Details >> https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html

Let me know how it goes. Post back with update and/or feedback.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.