Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15s-fq1054ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've have a HP 15s-fq1054ns, which comes with Freedos. I'm trying to install Windows 10 x64 without luck. I've followed these steps:

- Create a USB boot disk for Windows 10 x64 with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

- Changed in the UEFI/BIOS the boot order to have the USB first.

- Booted into Windows and started installing. Then I get a message about missing drivers. (It's in Spanish, so I don't copy it here).

- I've been to the drivers page for the model (https://support.hp.com/es-es/drivers/selfservice/hp-15s-fq1000-laptop-pc-series/29322771/model/31971...) and downloaded the drivers. I've extracted the .exe files and copy them to another USB drive.

- In the Windows installation screen where I get the message about the missing drivers, I try to install all the drivers I can find in the extracted files. Their name is shown in the screen, but I when I click "Next" I get a message saying something like "no new drivers found".

Any ideas about what can I do?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

It strikes me that freedos would be on a legacy/mbr option?

If so I would want to switch to Secure/GPT and format the drive accordingly.

I would add the Folder/Directory  HP_Drvrs to my W10 install USB and place the HP stuff therein.  So everything is on the same USB and accessible from the X:

Is this one of them?

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.09 Rev.A 31.1 MB Jan 3, 2020 Download

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

It strikes me that freedos would be on a legacy/mbr option?

If so I would want to switch to Secure/GPT and format the drive accordingly.

I would add the Folder/Directory  HP_Drvrs to my W10 install USB and place the HP stuff therein.  So everything is on the same USB and accessible from the X:

Is this one of them?

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.09 Rev.A 31.1 MB Jan 3, 2020 Download

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for not getting back at you sooner.

I tried putting the drivers on the install USB, but they didn't show up. Anyway, I was able to access them in another USB drive, but that didn't work.

The only way I was able to install Windows 10 was by changing the BIOS to legacy mode and using a Windows USB installation created in MBR mode with Rufus.

Thank you again for your help!

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.