Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Problems with drivers installing Windows 10 on HP 15s-fq1054ns

HP 15s-fq1054ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've have a HP 15s-fq1054ns, which comes with Freedos. I'm trying to install Windows 10 x64 without luck. I've followed these steps:

- Create a USB boot disk for Windows 10 x64 with the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

- Changed in the UEFI/BIOS the boot order to have the USB first.

- Booted into Windows and started installing. Then I get a message about missing drivers. (It's in Spanish, so I don't copy it here).

- I've been to the drivers page for the model (https://support.hp.com/es-es/drivers/selfservice/hp-15s-fq1000-laptop-pc-series/29322771/model/31971...) and downloaded the drivers. I've extracted the .exe files and copy them to another USB drive.

- In the Windows installation screen where I get the message about the missing drivers, I try to install all the drivers I can find in the extracted files. Their name is shown in the screen, but I when I click "Next" I get a message saying something like "no new drivers found".

Any ideas about what can I do?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Level 11
5,633 5,610 240 507
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi

It strikes me that freedos would be on a legacy/mbr option?

If so I would want to switch to Secure/GPT and format the drive accordingly.

I would add the Folder/Directory  HP_Drvrs to my W10 install USB and place the HP stuff therein.  So everything is on the same USB and accessible from the X:

Is this one of them?

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.09 Rev.A 31.1 MB Jan 3, 2020 Download

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn.

Lil_Boy_Blue
driprb
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for not getting back at you sooner.

I tried putting the drivers on the install USB, but they didn't show up. Anyway, I was able to access them in another USB drive, but that didn't work.

The only way I was able to install Windows 10 was by changing the BIOS to legacy mode and using a Windows USB installation created in MBR mode with Rufus.

Thank you again for your help!

0 Kudos
Level 11
5,633 5,610 240 507
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Prego.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn.

Lil_Boy_Blue
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation