Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion Notebook:N8L29OPA#UUF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I forget windows 10 pro  product key.  I don't have any copy of product key.  I reinstall windows 10 pro ( clean installation) . Now I can't active operating system. How can I find product key?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You do not need product key to activate Windows 10. If you install the same version (home or pro) which was already on the PC it will automatically activate once installed and connected to internet. During installation if prompted click on "do not have product key". It might take a little time to activate however if you go into settings and go to security and update click on the tab on the left activation and click on activate now.

Let me know if there is any problems.

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended
Error code: 0x803F7001
HP Recommended

OK.

Go to this link to contact Microsft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Click on get started

Type activation

click on Windows

Click on Windows 10

Click on activation after reinstall

When asked if solved problem click on no

Click on talk to real person

Now explain that you reinstalled Windows and it is giving error code 0x803F7001 when trying to activate

They will solve the problem for you.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended
I talked to microsoft's live agent.He tried to solve problem by remote accessing.
He suggested to take help from manufacturer company.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.