Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK, good start 🙂 This is much better now and it does bring lots of information to me.

The computer originally comes with Windows 8.1

However, based on your description, I suspect it might have been upgraded to Windows 10 at certain time.

This is how Windows 8 looks like

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

And this is how Windows 10 looks like

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

So, which Windows version did you use before the issue started ?

Do you remember upgrading to Windows 10 or you never did and still use Windos 8.1  ?

HP Recommended
Btw it's windows 8
HP Recommended

@Stemirn4u wrote:
Btw it's windows 8

OK, Thank you for the details.

Do you have some important files/information stored on the PC that you will need to copy/back up now before starting any procedures ?

Have you ever created HP Recovery media on DVD or other media for your PC ? Any system images stored on external HDD drive ?

HP Recommended
Don't remember ever upgrading to window 10
HP Recommended
Nothing that I can't afford to loose. I've NEVER created any HP media
HP Recommended

@Stemirn4u wrote:
Nothing that I can't afford to loose. I've NEVER created any HP media

OK, if you decide you want to create a back-up of the data prior to the Windows recovery procedure, please, let me know.

Because your recovery partition is not working and since you never created your own HP Recovery media, you will need to obtain Recovery kit for your PC - it costs about 27 USD and the specific one for your PC model is here >> http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-23544-windows-81-64-bit-recovery-kit-756075-002-for-hp-notebook-pc...

It includes 3 DVDs which you need to boot from (1st one) and use them to reinstall the entire operating system, drivers, preinstalled apps, etc.

Once you receive the recovery DVDs, boot from 1st one and follow the official instructions >> http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=HPSystemRecovery.net&section=ccweb&sfs=tdoc&language=english...

By doing this you will restore the computer to factory default condition.

After sucessful Windows reinstallation, ensure your drivers are updated - you can use the Device Manager method >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

Hope this helps. Provide your feedback/reply.

HP Recommended
Thank you . Will order it and get to it asap.
HP Recommended

You are welcome. Keep me informed and let me know how it goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.