Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-G113CL

I was trying to extend the life of my older Pavilion 17 by replacing the HDD with an SSD.

Really Bad Mistake:  Initialized the Source Drive not the Destination SSD.

Tried several Partition Recovery programs, even a low level sector scanner, but the main partition was not recoverable.

Found the original receipts, etc. including Recovery Disks --A set of 4 DVD's I generated right after purchase.

OK, I accepted my failure, knowing I'll lose everything since 2017, but began the Factory Reset..

I have retried the recovery disks several times, with the same final error message:

Recovery Incomplete....The Installation did not Complete....Please Select one of the following Buttons....

Save Log      Details         Retry

Reading thru the Details appears to show the same error twice in separate timestamps.

[21:57:17.57] Found FAILURE.flg in C:\SwSetup folder.
[21:57:17.58] Check C:\SYSTEM.SAV\FAILURE.FLG
[21:57:17.60] --------------------------------------------------
C:\SWSetup\APP\Diagnostic\HP\MilkaKind_LLXCB2\F.10\FAILURE.FLG
P00LXC-B2A MilkaKinderRoyce1.xPreinstallBIOSDiag

[21:57:17.79] [FAILURE_FLAG]
[21:57:17.87] Result=FAILED

C:\SWSetup\APP\Diagnostic\HP\MilkaKind_LLXCB2\F.10\FAILURE.FLG
P00LXC-B2A MilkaKinderRoyce1.xPreinstallBIOSDiag

[21:57:17.98]
[21:57:18.04] --------------------------------------------------
[21:57:18.11] Some error detected...
[21:57:18.22]
[21:57:18.29] --------------------------------------------------
[21:57:18.36] [C:\SYSTEM.SAV\ExitProc\ErrorChk\ChkError.cmd]
[21:57:18.43] found [2] SW issue[s]...

I don't know exactly which version of Win 10 was installed, likely 64 bit, but I don't know for certain.

The HDD was fine, passed all tests.   I wasn't sure whether it was GPT or MBR.  Re-Formatted both ways, same error stream.

If I force boot from a rescue USB, I can see all structure & applications of a normal windows setup on C: and Recovery 😧

Just can't  get past the recovery incomplete at startup.

At this point I'm out of ideas of what to do.

Also I have no clue how to attach the RMSaveLog, for somebody who can read the .WIM file.

Hopefully someone has seen this kind of stupidity previously and can direct me to a favorable outcome.

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Mike:

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it came with W10 Home 64 bit.

HP Pavilion 17-g113cl (Touch) Notebook Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

What I recommend you do at this point would be to create installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

When you get to the part of the installation that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.  Click Next and W10 should install.

After the installation is complete, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g113cl (Touch) (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer ...

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul,

I had seen that as a reply to some others in the forum.

I did try that, and got a message saying that I had to do that from within windows on my system, not from the boot USB

Also, will the windows install activate as the original OEM version?

----Or would that cause me to have to pay for another license?

I was kind of hoping that someone would know what the error pertained to??

Even if I can get around and back to a functioning laptop, I'd like to know what messed up the recovery.

Mike

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The tool will automatically create a bootable USB W10 installer, and you boot from that and install W10 to do a clean install.

The W10 Home product key is in the BIOS.

You don't need it or even need to know what the key is in order to install W10.

I doubt anyone on this forum would know what those error codes mean or how to get the recovery DVD to work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.