Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My experience was fine once I got HP involved. Before that it was craptastic since I could go through the recovery process and get the laptop up and running only to have it crash out again. 😛

HP Recommended

Problem solved-

It seems the key is to remove the SSD. 12 screws is all it takes. Disconnected the SSD board, and the install completed.

Reset the BIOS after, replaced the SSD, and it's running fine now.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions.

Now, time to try to resurrect my TX2 notebook...

HP Recommended

*13 screws (including the one holding the SSD board)

HP Recommended

Great! Thanks for letting me know how you dominated that machine. Happy New Year. I just can't figure out why the {Content Removed} HP customer service phone techs just don't explain that and save everyone so much misery...

All the hardrive manufactures put malware into their firmware for the NSA, so even if you erase the harddrive the malware / spyware resides on the drive anyway. I am sure they do the same to the solid state drives. If you want to replace the SSD you have to buy it from HP, according to HP. You can't put an aftermarket SSD in the machine because the SSD has some kind of identifing information in it and Windows won't reload without it.

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting about the SSD!!!!  I had tried everything but that for this problem and that was the only answer.

HP Recommended

Seems to me that this is really a hassle.  Why should we have to remove the SSD?  Especially if you have one of the Ultrabooks.  You have to talk the entire bottom plate off to get to anything.  Why doesn't a HP Tech post a solution to this problem seeing as there are a myriad of people having this same problem?

HP Recommended

My thoughts exactly!!!!

HP Recommended

Did not work for me 

HP Recommended

I agree i have done over 50 restores on the envy I have and it is junk!!!

WILL NEVER BUY HP AGAIN  EVER 

HP Recommended
I have a HP Envy Dv7 7243CL product# C2H74UA#ABA I had Windows 8 64 bit OS

I recently had my hard drive crash and had no back ups made. I purchased a new hard drive same size 1 tb. I purchased a set of recovery disks from hp. Followed all the steps and get all the way to the end and it says "P2PP burnboot check failed. I've tried following the steps outlined in this blog and others to no avail. Just finished my 5th attempt. HELP!

So to set the date on the BIOS I go into advanced startup menu, F10, arrow over to system configuration, arrow down to system date and change the date to 2012. Does the specific date matter in 2012? Is that the correct procedure for changing the date?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.