Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have just had this problem, trying to sort for 4 days, tried everything except replacing hard disk.

Noticed post about reference to BIOS date.

Changed BIOS time and date to current time and date. Rebooted and after waiting the usual long time everything installed properly. Even recovered some of my old settings, eg email details etc. Had to reinstall apps.

My current date 09/08/2015

My reasoning: Many electronic gadgets require correct date and time to be able to setup.

HP Stream 8 with Windows 8.1

Open Bios by pressing : Power Button and Volume - at same time.

Time and date is under general settings. Follow instructions at foot of page for changing.

Hope this is of help to someone.

HP Recommended

using brand new HP recovery DVD's and getting the failure message.  I was going to remove all partitions with GParted when I noticed all partitions were made except the main one where C drive would go.  So I retried the Recovery and as soon as the last DVD was finished, I hit F9 to boot into my bootable flash drive where GParted was.  I created a new NTFS primary partition and rebooted.  Ha. Ha!  Getting further along this time and will post update as soon as I see the destkop for sure.  If this works for you, post your success at my facebook page called The Computer Lab of Zephyrhills

HP Recommended
How long did the second step take (PREINSTALL SOFTWARE INSTALLER). Since it has been a long time you probably forgot. But I am stuck in there for like 2+ hours. Any response would be greatly appreciated.
HP Recommended
How long did the second step take (PREINSTALL SOFTWARE INSTALLER). Since it has been a long time you probably forgot. But I am stuck in there for like 2+ hours. Any response would be greatly appreciated.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with a fairly new laptop, 2014 i believe. An Hp 15 notebook. Not only do you have to disable the secure boot, but also select legacy boot mode.  try that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.