Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion m6-1034er
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Give a direct link to Recovery Manager. Since I myself did not find it on the site

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK,

The official procedure is already posted - contact HP Support in Russia or HP partners and attempt to get a recovery media through them.

There is one additional procedure which is *not* official, may not work and there is no guarantee it will work. But you might want to try it

This website offers a tool that downloads Windows ISO images including Windows 7 images >>

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Take a look at your COA sticker and verify the Windows 7 edition you have - Home or Pro

Download the appropriate ISO image for Win 7 - either 32-bit  or  64-bit  (important is the editions)

You may write the ISO image on a USB pen drive or burn the ISO on a DVD and eventually boot from this media and install Windows. Eventually, enter your Windows 7 key/code from the COA sticker to activate Windows

Post successful installation you will have to download drivers for your model from the HP website, install them manually.

If you require assistance on this unofficial procedure (e.g how to write ISO image or how to boot from it , or how to download drivers, etc...)  - please, let me know and I will post details for you.

I am sorry it is not that easy but it does not depend on me.  

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Viktor-Fed

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !

In order to assist you better and provide specific answer, please let me know what your issue is, why do you need "Recovery Manager" and what are you trying to achieve. Do you have any problems at the moment and have you performed some changes. Any detail would be much appreciated.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Broken HDD disk

HP Recommended
The problem is that I have a broken HDD, and I need to restore the system, I would like to restore the view
HP Recommended

Thank you - that was important information.

Recovery Manager cannot be downloaded nowhere from. If the HDD is broken:

- you need to replace the HDD with new one (new HDD or with SSD). HDD (or SSD) must with the very same size as the current one and capacity must be the same or bigger - e.g. if your broken initial HDD was 500 GB, the new one must be 500 or bigger (e.g. 750 GB or 1 TB)

- if you want to use Windows 7, you need to purchase original HP Recovery media (usually set of DVDs) that can be used to restore the PC to factory default condition. This restored Windows, drivers, apps, etc and activates Windows with the original key.

Please, let me know where you are from (country) - where do you live ?

Do you want to use/restore Windows 7 ?

Has the PC ever been upgraded to Windows 10 ?

HP Recommended
I live in Russia and unfortunately we do not sell discs for recovery (well, it's written on the site). And the disk changed to the same.
HP Recommended

If the PC was even upgraded to Windows 10 (from Win 7) and if you want to use Windows 10 - Windows 10 download is available officially for free. Let me know if this is the case with your.

For certain countries HP does not ship discs but they are available through partners.

You may need to contact HP Support for Russia > http://www8.hp.com/ru/ru/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

and ask for the authorized service centers. Eventually, get in touch with such a center and ask if they can provide you with a recovery media.

By the way, do you have a Windows 7 COA sticker attached to the PC (usually at the bottom) :

HP Recommended
Before window 10 was not updated, and yes there is this sticker with the key.
HP Recommended

OK,

The official procedure is already posted - contact HP Support in Russia or HP partners and attempt to get a recovery media through them.

There is one additional procedure which is *not* official, may not work and there is no guarantee it will work. But you might want to try it

This website offers a tool that downloads Windows ISO images including Windows 7 images >>

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Take a look at your COA sticker and verify the Windows 7 edition you have - Home or Pro

Download the appropriate ISO image for Win 7 - either 32-bit  or  64-bit  (important is the editions)

You may write the ISO image on a USB pen drive or burn the ISO on a DVD and eventually boot from this media and install Windows. Eventually, enter your Windows 7 key/code from the COA sticker to activate Windows

Post successful installation you will have to download drivers for your model from the HP website, install them manually.

If you require assistance on this unofficial procedure (e.g how to write ISO image or how to boot from it , or how to download drivers, etc...)  - please, let me know and I will post details for you.

I am sorry it is not that easy but it does not depend on me.  

HP Recommended
thanks for the help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.