Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 m1-u001dx (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my windows recovery from microsoft onto my usb. It gets to the Recovery Manager; Recovery preparation is complete and a message pops up with "Caution: DO NOT attach any external device to the computer". Does this include removing the recovery usb?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your other option would be to clean install W10 by making a bootable USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion x360 m1-u001dx (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I believe when you get to that stage, you can remove the USB flash drive as the PC has gotten all of the files it needed from it.

HP Recommended

Done. Thanks for the reply! Now I'll sit back and see what happens.

HP Recommended

Well, it came up and said that the recovery attemp has failed. Select one of the following buttons; Save Log, Details; Retry

HP Recommended

Your other option would be to clean install W10 by making a bootable USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion x360 m1-u001dx (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

I'll give that a try. Is there a hard drive diagnositic other than the default that comes with the laptop

HP Recommended

None that I know of. 

HP Recommended

Now it won't let me use the media usb. It's asking for the system recovery media that failed. No way to back out of it

HP Recommended

Maybe I have to go through F11 and system recovery

HP Recommended

No luck F11 system recovery. Comes back to recovery failed screen from earlier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.