Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
[Personal Information Removed]
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Have my [Personal Information Removed] notebook  with a crashed hdd. 

Cannot find any way to get recovery disks or to speak with a human at HP.  

Kindly advice.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is no point in trying to get in contact with HP for two reasons:

1. Your notebook has been out of warranty for years, and you will have to pay HP to even talk to them once you provide the serial number for your notebook.

2. HP quit selling recovery disks for your notebook's model series many years ago, so they are not available.

If you can still read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your notebook's case, let me know, and I will give you a way you can create W7 installation media to reinstall W7 if the key is good for Home Premium or Professional.

The only  thing I don't know is if the key on your notebook will work to activate Windows for notebooks sold in India.

I know it works for PC's sold in the USA and Canada.

Anyway, you can try it and see if you can read all 25 characters of the W7 product key.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Please find the windows product key as below.

[Personal Information Removed]

By the way this product was purchased in US.

HP Recommended

OK, great.

Here is the link to the W7 64 bit Home Premium English (US) ISO file.

The link will be good for up to 24 hours from the time of this reply.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/E/A/8/EA804D86-C3DF-4719-9966-6A66C9306598/7601.24214.180801...

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive, so that it is bootable, or you can use a free utility such as Rufus.

After W7 has completed installing you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Recommended

Thanks  Paul for the link.

I  successfully downloaded the recovery disk image and created the recovery usb drive by using Rufus utility as directed by you.

I booted my laptop via the usb drive and installed the windows os but to my surprise the os is windows 7 home premium

whereas my original os was windows 7 prof 64 bit edition.

i am unable to activate the os as my windows key is for windows 7  64 bit professional edition.

In view of the same kindly help me with the correct image file and the procedure to reverse the windows installation to the 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.