Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14AF 110hr Energy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get an error message when trying to use a purchased HP Recovery USB, "Recoery not supported under current configuration, please enable acceleration option for Intel Smart Response Technology and try again" I did enable "Virtualization Technology" in the BIOS but continue to get this error message. Stopping me fro recovering. The proble started with a Windows 10 error message saying it could not complete an update because the disk lacked space. I found several files loaded on the hard drive on 6/14 which looked suspicious. When I started to check into these, the computer stopped working and would not boot. I tried the machine's recovery but that did not work. I bought the recovery usb from HP. The only posts I found in the forums related to this were 2+ years old... thought HP would have addressed this.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @richmck,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with recovery. I will be glad to help you.

The USB recovery purchase is most likely for Windows 7 as that is what the computer was shipped with.

You have standed you are on Windows 10 now.

Windows 10 does not like older recovery info.

You may have to do a Windows 10 Clean install. create a usb windows 10 clean install

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

First, thank you for your reply.

But, the notebook was purchased last December with Windows 10, and the USB Recovery I bought from HP is labeled as a Windows 10 Recovery Media

It seems it gets stuck on the "Enable Acceleration" error message but as stated in my first post, I enable the closest thing I could find in the BIOS.  Once it hits the error message the notebook does not seem to go past that point.

I was wondering if I could force it to load someow using DOS prompts. But, do not remember the commands from way back.

Can you suggest something else? Please...

HP Recommended

Hhhmmm still no answer

HP Recommended

Hi @richmck,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Was any solution determined?

HP Recommended

I am getting the exact same error message and my HP Omen laptop also shipped with Windows 10 installed how does one fix this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.