Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Managed to get details up on HP site using Product code. F0U63ET, just needed to drop the part from #.

HP Recommended

Your notebook is HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation

This Intel 4th gen notebook came with NVIDIA Quadro graphics.

Manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03985204

As I understand from HP part surfer website, one of these model did come Windows 8 Pro. May be you have downgraded to Windows 7 Pro afterwards.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=F0U63ET

Are you able to see Windows 8 Pro sticker on the notebook?

HP would not hold any activation codes for any model. The Windows activation codes are provided to the customer. You might have collected it when you got this business notebook separately.

This is your driver page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-15-mobile-workstation/5387800

You can perform clean installation of Windows 7 Pro if you've product activation key, using the links provided in my previous reply.

The Intel rapid storage driver you need, issue with which is causing this error is : https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-zbook-15-mobile-workstation/5387800/sw...

If there is Windows 8 Pro sticker, I'll provide you with steps for clean installation of Windows 8.1 Pro.

HP Recommended

The Laptop came pre installed with Windows 7 Pro with an option to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro.  Never upgraded. I have the orginal Operating System DVD and Application and Driver Recovery DVD for both Windows 7 and 8. Plus windows repair disc created after HP replaced the motherboad following a failure under warranty.

Unfortunately there is no sticker on the machine or with the documentation with the product codes for either version of windows. I may still have the orginal box in storage that possibly has the code with it. I will check as soon as I can.

HP Recommended

Forgive my ignorance. I have downloaded the inel rapid storage driver to USB for the Windows version installed (W7 Pro). How do I go about istalling it?

HP Recommended

Clean install Windows 7 Pro using the links provided previously. Thereafter install the Intel rapid storage driver.

HP recovery discs doesn't need a activation key. It automatically activates on installation.

After you not able to factory reset using HP recovery discs, the one you created or from the one you were provided with?

HP Recommended

Thanks visruth and apologies for late reply.

Sorry need some clarification on your last reply.

"Clean install Windows 7 Pro using the links provided previously" Will this detect my windows key as I don't have record factory one installed? Links are not related to HP recovery discs are they?

"HP recovery discs doesn't need a activation key. It automatically activates on installation" Is this relevant as links provided as above are seperate and not my HP recovery  discs?

"After you not able to factory reset using HP recovery discs, the one you created or from the one you were provided with?" If new install of OS works using provided links are you saying that provided recovery media is nolonger usable?

Thank you for your time and effort.

HP Recommended

No you need activation key to clean install Windows 7 Pro.

Links provided is for clean installation only. Not for HP recovery media.

You can use HP recovery media anytime in this notebook to factory reset.

HP Recommended

Went to use link to download win 7 and looks like a dodgy siteas suggested. Is there an alternative.

HP Recommended

Have tried new installation of Windows via ISO but still comes back with error. Microsoft help have provided the image but given up as it didn't resolve the issue. Very nice of them to push you to upgrade to latest version the abandon you when their upgrade bricks your laptop.

Advised to access the Raid configuration utilty using CTL + I but thats not working. Any advice on how to access the utility?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.