Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook HP - 15-bw038nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

my laptop dont'start.

I try to buy a recovery support, but my [personal information removed] was not found (serial number is corrrect  because i've used for HP service registration).

How I can buy a recovery support from best2serve?

Thank

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have access to another Windows PC with W7 64 bit or newer, you can make your own bootable USB recovery drive with the HP cloud recovery tool, that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.  You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive for this as well.

PC consumer HP - Utilizzo di HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | Assistenza clienti HP®

HP Recommended

Hi

I created the USB key but the pc remains stuck on restore without starting windows.

The monitor screen remain black

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Did you make the PC boot from the USB recovery drive?

It will not boot from the USB recovery drive automatically.

Have the USB flash drive in the USB port.

Turn on or restart the PC.

Immediately press/tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu, and from that, select the USB recovery drive listed in the boot menu, and press the enter key.

The PC should then boot from the USB recovery drive.

HP Recommended

I 've already config BIOS to load from USB, but it doesn't work.

it appears to be blocked by a previous restore from the hard disk

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why that is happening or what to do to fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.