Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Dv4
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP Pavillion Dv4 series laptop wich came with windows 7 Premium pre intstalled and windows key is available on Pc. When windows 10 launched I got free upgrade windows 7 to windows 10. I used windows 10 almost 2 yeras. last week my hard disk crashed and I have no any back up. I changed my hard disk and installed windows 10 again but windows is not working well. I am getting following errors:-

1) search bar on taskbar gone only cortana round symbol showing
2) Network connection tab gone
3) All desktop icon gone
4) All opened page minimize on taskbar maximize not working I can close opened page only by right click.
5) start button working well
6) whenever I open any app from start menu it become minimize unable to maximise
7) when I restart screen becomes gray only mouse pointer can see

I contacted to microsoft they said no any drivers available for your system so you cant use windows 10 on your Pc. Please tell me how can I use windows 10. How can I update drivers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you so much, @CherylG !

@Avi4046- based on your model's specs, your PC should be using this processor > https://ark.intel.com/products/43529/Intel-Core-i3-350M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_26-GHz

Therefore, you can use x64 Windows and the URL provided by Cheryl G should work for you.

Use Rufus to write it to the USB drive.

Please, try it and let us know if it's your connections or something else.  Cheers !

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Hello @Avi4046

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Please, provide your full HP product model and product number (p/n)  - instructions here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply
Model No. - HP PAVILLION DV4 2126-TX
Serial No. - [edited]

HP Recommended

Hi @Avi4046

I am sorry to inform you that HP has never released Windows 10 compatible drivers for your PC model - your model only supports Windows 7 /32 or 64 bit/

I am not sure how you used Win 10 initially - probably you had something else installed (3rd party driver that made the trick temporary).

Note that Windows 10 is work in progress - Microsoft's plans are for Windows as a service with version upgrades 2 times per year which requires different support model. Your computer is an old one and it has been released before Windows 10 was even known to exist. HP never released Windows 10 drivers.

I recommend you use Windows 7 on your PC - it will be well supported until year 2020 (about 3 more years, or even more afterwards). Windows 7 is stable and the most widely used Windows version worldwide .

I might be able to help you restore Windows  7. Do you have a COA sticker for Win 7 attached to the PC (usually on the bottom) ?

HP Recommended

Hi
I didn't install any 3rd party driver. I got notification by Microsoft you are eligible to use windows 10 and your system is compatible to use and if u want reserve your copy then I reserved windows 10 and after reserve and few days later when windows 10 launched 0 my windows 7 automatically upgraded to windows 10. I used windows 10 perfectly for appx 2 or 2.5 years but problem start when (1 week ago) my hard disk crashed and I installed windows 10 by ISO file. I got display adapter driver issue (gray display) when installed windows 10. Then I contacted to Microsoft they told me to contact manufacturer. They also didn't provide any windows 7 support they said you didn't buy product key or software from us so we can't provide Iso file of widows 7. They also said your windows 7 was pre installed by manufacturer so you should contact to Hp. So now how I can get original windows 7 which was pre installed in my device. Then what is uses of Microsoft product key which label is on my device. I have also recovery disk. Will it work on new hard drive ?

HP Recommended

@Avi4046 wrote:

Hi
(...) So now how I can get original windows 7 which was pre installed in my device. Then what is uses of Microsoft product key which label is on my device. I have also recovery disk. Will it work on new hard drive ?

You can use this free utility

>> https://www.heidoc.net/php/Windows%20ISO%20Downloader.exe

>> https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-downl...

The tool will download ISO images from Microsoft and has lots of options for many Windows versions including OEM. If you use it, be careful to select the correct Windows ISO for the OEM, x86 or x64 edition, Home/Pro/Ultimate, etc... Check the Windows edition on the COA sticker.

When download completes, you will need to write or "burn" the ISO image and boot from a bootable media.

** How to create bootable ISO on USB device >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

or

** How to write ISO to DVD >> http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/burn-a-dvd-on-windows

instructions are for Ubuntu, but you need to use the ISO image of Windows

When ready with the USB drive or with the DVD:

Please, shutdown the computer using the power button.

Insert the Windows USB thumdrive or the DVD prepared previously

Power  on the PC.

As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu

Choose F9 to open Boot options. Select the thumb drive or the DVD as a boot option.

Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows. Delete all partitions and install Windows on Disk 0 Unallocated space

Enter your Windows product key from the COA sticker when asked for the key.

Post installation, install drivers taken from HP web site when Win installation completes

Let me know if this helps. Provide your feedback and let me know if you face difficulties

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for reply my system came with Windows 7 Home Prem OA India HP. Two options for windows 7 Home Prem  are coming when downloading from link which you provided. I am attaching screenshot. Which one of the two should I choose? My PC is X86 but have 4 GB ram so can i install any of them or only x86.

If HP is not providing any drivers for this device, then how can I will install drivers after installation of os ?

Which version of office should I download. Can I download and install the latest version of Office ? Will the key be required in the office installing, I don't have any key for office.

Screenshot (4).png

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please if possible tell me how to check my system processor is 32 bit or 64 bit. I am confused. 

HP Recommended

My comments are below - in red

@Avi4046 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for reply my system came with Windows 7 Home Prem OA India HP. Two options for windows 7 Home Prem  are coming when downloading from link which you provided. I am attaching screenshot. Which one of the two should I choose? My PC is X86 but have 4 GB ram so can i install any of them or only x86.

> Download the OEM one (the bottom one)

If HP is not providing any drivers for this device, then how can I will install drivers after installation of os ?

> HP does provide drivers for your model but only for Windows 7, not for Windows 10. Download them from the HP website mentioned above in my previous post .

Which version of office should I download. Can I download and install the latest version of Office ? Will the key be required in the office installing, I don't have any key for office.

> Yes, Sure, of course,a  key is required , license key. Windows license key will not work for Office. Office is a separate product from Windows.

If you want, you can buy Office 365 - latest subscription based version from Microsoft - can be paid once or can be paid once every year (1-year subscription) or once every month (1-month subscription). Find more on :

> https://www.office.com/

Products section

or here > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_365

HP Recommended

@Avi4046 wrote:

Hi,

Please if possible tell me how to check my system processor is 32 bit or 64 bit. I am confused. 

32-bit, found it on HP website

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.