Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP stream laptop model 14-cb163wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Laptop will not reset. I have been having issues with my laptop and attempted to reset it. On three occasions the system stopped and a message appeared that said "undoing changes." It cannot be the space because I literally uninstalled every app/program I installed on the computer since I received it. I also  have all my personal files on a USB finger drive. Why won't the laptop complete the reset function?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rjashley0015 

Had you bothered to check here first, we would have told you that the Stream models can NOT do resets -- due to lack of available disk space -- and that is true regardless of what you have deleted because Windows takes up so much of the drive, there is not enough space left.

You should NOT be forcing a reset simply because you have issues -- you need to tell us what the issues are because if they are hardware based, no attempt at a reset is going to work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Your condescending tone is a bit unnecessary. Yes, I often try to troubleshoot and do things on my own before asking other people for help, unlike the rest of my generation who likes to cry before they try. I've been using laptops for years and thought I could fix it and then reached out for help when I saw that was no longer an option. Forgive me for trying to problem solve. Also, I attempted to contact a rep but because my laptop warranty had expired I was not allowed receive assistance from anything other than a virtual assistant, and was unaware of this resource until yesterday.  I understand we are in stressful times with COVID, but you can help people absent the keyboard courage. Thank you for your feedback.

HP Recommended

@rjashley0015 

Sorry if my post offended you -- that was not my intent -- but everyone out there seems to think that a system reset is some kind of Miracle Cure, when in many cases, it actually just makes things worse.

Plus, unless I missed it, you still did not tell us what issues you were trying to solve.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.