Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp laptop 14s-cf1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my case,

On my new hp laptop - There are running so  many  background processes at least [40 to 50 processes]

That's why my laptop have lagging problem , it is on hanging situation.

on the Every Time in the Task manager shows :- CPU:- 60 to 95% ,   Memory: 90%, Disk: 15%

it happen when I do not use  any application in my laptop.

I tried everything to remove them but I failed

If anyone have any solution of my issue   ?????????

PLZ reply me .......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@parag_varshney 

First off, you need to check in the Task Manager --> Processes tab to see which tasks are actually using the CPU resources.  Simply because a LOT are running, does not many that many of them are using resources. I have 65 processes running and of them, only 5 sum up to 5% of the processor demand -- the other remaining 60 sum up to less than 1%.

Second, Windows Update runs on your PC, in the background every WEEK -- whether you know it or not.  Patches come out every Tuesday from Microsoft and with 24 hours, your PC will be downloading and installing those -- and when it does, it will tie up the processor and the hard drive so that little else can be done.

Third, if you want to tweak your task usage, then read the details at this site -- as this is what I have used to get my task load down to being so low:  Black Viper’s Windows 10 Service Configurations » Black Viper www.blackviper.com

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@parag_varshney 

First off, you need to check in the Task Manager --> Processes tab to see which tasks are actually using the CPU resources.  Simply because a LOT are running, does not many that many of them are using resources. I have 65 processes running and of them, only 5 sum up to 5% of the processor demand -- the other remaining 60 sum up to less than 1%.

Second, Windows Update runs on your PC, in the background every WEEK -- whether you know it or not.  Patches come out every Tuesday from Microsoft and with 24 hours, your PC will be downloading and installing those -- and when it does, it will tie up the processor and the hard drive so that little else can be done.

Third, if you want to tweak your task usage, then read the details at this site -- as this is what I have used to get my task load down to being so low:  Black Viper’s Windows 10 Service Configurations » Black Viper www.blackviper.com

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.