Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DV7-4310ef
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

Could you help me for a Pavillon DV7 (not sure but I think it's a DV7-4310ef)
System Disable [ 50397316 ]

If you give me a new password to enter, where and how to do this because I don't know how to enter it ?

Let me explain you my problem to know how and when to enter this new password.

When I power on the Notebook:

1- I have directly a black screen and after if I push Enter button, I have a message (in a little blue window): "invalid password"

2- After I push Enter button again and I have a black screen again

3- After I push Enter button again and I have a second time a message (in a little blue window): "invalid password"

4- After I push Enter button again and I have a black screen again

5- After I push Enter button again and I have the message (in a little blue window): "System Disable [50397316]"

So when I tried to put a new ID (found in another thread concerning a DV7), nothing is replaced beetween  "[" and "]" so I don't how and when to enter new password.

So please if you can give me a new password to enter and if you can explain how and when enter it, it will be perfect 🙂

Best regards,

Bruno

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please try this Password : 

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please try this Password : 

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your fast help and it works perfectly with this code 🙂

This code will be the same if I have a second time this problem with this computer or it will be necessary to ask you a new one ?

In fact it was necessary to unter the code during a black screen )

Best regards,

Bruno

HP Recommended

You are very Welcome !! :generic:

The halt code will change, Feel free to post and will be happy to support always !

All the Best !!

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

olves your problem.   Thank You, GBL84 I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Again,

Ok thank you for this information 😉

I hope it will be not necessary to ask you again 😉

Best regards,

Bruno

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.