Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 15t-j100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Just updated my bios to the last version through HP assistance app and after it restarted the screen went blank and the caps lock flashing! What can I do to fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for stopping by @omidmiri

Here on the HP Support Forums, you have access to many community members with solutions and suggestions to help. I understand that you are having an issue with a black display and the Caps Lock LED is blinking after a BIOS update.

The LED lights near the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys will blink if an error is detected during the startup process. The LEDs will blink a number of times in a sequence and then stop.

Please try to manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.

3. While the computer is still off:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.

2. Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive.

Source: Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code documentation. 

If that does not work, please use the sourced document above to calculate the number of blinks and troubleshoot accordingly. 

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

Let me know how this goes. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help! 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for stopping by @omidmiri

Here on the HP Support Forums, you have access to many community members with solutions and suggestions to help. I understand that you are having an issue with a black display and the Caps Lock LED is blinking after a BIOS update.

The LED lights near the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys will blink if an error is detected during the startup process. The LEDs will blink a number of times in a sequence and then stop.

Please try to manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.

3. While the computer is still off:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.

2. Release the Power button and the keys.

By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive.

Source: Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code documentation. 

If that does not work, please use the sourced document above to calculate the number of blinks and troubleshoot accordingly. 

If you feel this post has helped you, could help others joining in and looking for a solution or you just want to say cheers, please click the Accept as Solution button and/or the Thumbs Up

Let me know how this goes. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help! 

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.