Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n101dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my computer started to behave strangely today after circa 5 years (bought April 2015). A few days ago I spilled a water cup accidentally on the left portion of the keyboard, but dried it up quickly, not sure if that's what caused it.

I have windows 10, latest build.

I use it to WFH with Citrix, so this is urgent.

After I got a blue screen of death today, out of the blue, I ran a drive self test, and it failed.

Short Drive Self-Test Storage 1: ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB

HOWEVER, when I ran a disk check on windows 10, no errors were found on C or D!!! What is going on?

It seems I will have to replace the HD. Where can I buy a hard drive quickly, and what is the exact HD model for my laptop?

Can I buy one with 2TB? Can someone with HP support call me? I am backing up my data now, hopefully it will transfer it all (500GB) before another crash.

Prod Number
M1W07UA#ABA

HP ENVY Notebook - m7-n101dx

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jrsousa2

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

your post solved exactly 0 per cent of the problem.

Nevermind, I already took care of this issue myself. The support I received for HP wasn't great, basically conflicting information.

But at least they let me know the type of HDD that I should buy, though with some missing information.

Even this site functioning is awful, it sucks, it's ridden with bugs and errors.

HP Recommended

@jrsousa2

Thank  you for posting back.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.