Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I received an hp spectre x360 from the U.S last month. Unfortunately, I am experiencing the same problem as my laptop turns back on a few seconds after shutting down. I have tried all suggestions on this forum without success. What can I do? I live in Ghana and can’t return it to the U.S anytime soon. Working solutions from those who have this same issue solved will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
HP Recommended

Did it work for you?

HP Recommended

Again, since this was a HARDWARE problem my only suggestion can be to send it to HP for repair. The entire motherboard and other hardware components were replaced in order to resolve the issue. 

If you have: updated your PC fully including all bios then reinstalled windows from scratch and it has not resolved your issues then you need to contact HP. 

As a result no ammount of settings changes, Windows reinstallations or bios updates will ever fix this problem if you are indeed suffering the same hardware problem because it is a defect in the manufacturing itself not anywhere int he software.

HP Recommended

I fixed the issue on my PC by de-activating the fast start up option as shown in the screenshot below.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply but my fast startup option is inactive as I can neither deselect nor select that option.
HP Recommended

I have beeen able to deselect the fast restart but the problem still persists.

I have no choice but to agree with hsmith199 that it is a hardware issue. I will send it for repairs but I hope the repair works are covered by the warranty as my spectre is less than two months old.

HP Recommended

I had my laptop for a month when I sent it in. Everything was fully covered under warranty since it was a manufacturing defect. 

If for some reason they try to call you and say they will charge you ask them specificlly why. You can refer to this thread to back you up on it being a defect. 

Now if you have dropped the laptop and this has started happening after you dropped it or any thing to that degree then you may want to prepare yourself to get charged for repairs.

HP Recommended

i had a similar problem with my z book and just fixed it by un clicking " turn on fast startup" in the choose what the power botton does setting.  i also set my power button to shut down.

HP Recommended
Yes the fast start up can be greyed out due to another flag being set on that same screen. I’m not in front of my pc at the moment so can’t do a screen shot but from memory there is a tick box that disables some settings, if you remove the tick the fast start up becomes active. Message me back if you need a screen shot and I can post one later today.
HP Recommended

I'm still surprised  this got to be a hardware problem. I had the same issue after I performed a recommended BIOS update from the HP Support Assistant

After chatting with 2 Support Personels from HP. I was advised to return the PC for repair, sad thing is I'm not in the US so this could take forever

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.