Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy M6 1148ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Several weeks ago I had a large Windows 10 update which took a couple of hours to complete.   Afterwards I noticed a considerable loss in speaker volume.

I had a tech support agent try to solve the issue.  All she seemed to do was update the audio drivers.  This made no difference and I had a level 2 tech support call scheduled.  This agent tried to do a number things which did not work, and then suggested a factory reset to the original Windows 8.1.   I was supposed to reschedule another support call afte I obtained a back up drive and backed up my files.   He said I would also have to contact HP to obtain my original apps and programs which will be removed during the reset.

I'd like to figure out how to get my old programs from HP before I go ahead with the factory reset.  Also, I'd like to know if  there are any suggestions on how to avoid this factory reset and find an easier way to get my volume back.  Thanks in advance for any information and advice..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this driver resolves the issue.  Install and restart the PC...

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this driver resolves the issue.  Install and restart the PC...

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

HP Recommended

Yes!!   It worked, I have volume again.

This is fantastic!!!  

Thank you Paul, you did a much better job than Microsoft's own tech support staff.. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.