Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible X7U54UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there something wrong with my automatic update? This May 2020 update to version 2004 is still showing its on its way. Been Like that for 5 going on 6 months. I have the HP ENVY x360 Convertible X7U54UA#ABA.  Do I need to wipe it out and start over again. 

bubbleboy11_0-1602956022095.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bubbleboy11 

Do NOT, repeat NOT do a factory reset and start over.  That will not fix anything and will only serve to make matters worse.

MS changed their approach with the 20.04 Feature Update and made it an Optional update.  So (1) you have look for it there (there is text on the Windows Update screen for that) and (2) you have to manually request it.

Also, MS has had major issues with this update, so much so that they blocked it for several months.  IF your PC is NOT being offered the update, then DO NOT force it -- as that will almost certainly trash your PC.

MS has no schedules as to when the different update blocks are going to be released as it depends on the specific hardware present in each PC.  So, you just have to keep looking for it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.