Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 bc503nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi community,

I've purchased this laptop few months ago, and I just realized I'm running it on BIOS. Laptop has factory 128gb SATA SSD + 1tb HDD. My question is, can I migrate to UEFI without loosing data, and how? I'm using it lately mostly as work-from-home workstation, and it would be really bad if I accidentally format that SSD. 

Thank you all for support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Zemljotaur

Please refer to page 8 in the Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06325755 for list of supported SSD Hard drives

you can upgrade the SSD up to 512 GB

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Zemljotaur

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You've a UEFI BIOS itself. This is the difference: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-bc500-laptop/26122243/model/29562501/document/c0...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank  You for reply and sorry for my late reply.

I think I didn't ask the right question. Can I, or should I set SSD and HDD in RAID? I'm planning to update existing SSD soon for 1tb nvme one, and to leave existing HDD for hoarding files. What would be the best BIOS setup for that scenario?

As for now, I kept all of the BIOS settings on default, except turning off always on fan, and virtualization on. Therefore, laptop is running in Legacy Support mode.

Sorry if I seem to talk rubbish, my last brend new computer was running ddr2 and I'm still trying to keep up with this "new" technological wonders. 🙂

HP Recommended

@Zemljotaur

Please refer to page 8 in the Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06325755 for list of supported SSD Hard drives

you can upgrade the SSD up to 512 GB

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, that pretty much explained everything.

Will it support for example Kingston A2000 512gb drive? I don't think I can find HP's 847110-002 unit here in Serbia. If it wouldn't support upper mentioned drive, do you have any suggestions?

One more thing, one day if I decide to replace mechanical HDD, can I go 1 or 2gb 2.5" SATA SSD, or I'll have to stick to the HDD?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Zemljotaur

I understand your concerns.

If you're unable to find the part in our part stores, please check with the third party online website.

Your model support Dual storage Configuration 

2 TB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm/7.2 mm hard drive + 256 GB SATA, TLC, M.2 solid-state drive

1 TB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm/7.2 mm hard drive + 512 GB SATA, TLC, M.2 solid-state drive

1 TB, 5400 rpm, 9.5 mm/7.2 mm hard drive + 128 GB SATA, TLC, M.2 solid-state drive

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.