Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15q dy0004au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after windows 10 2004 update my synaptics touchpad wont work i have tried so many thing and i also reset 2 times my pc but after reset my pc work for 1 day then the same problem and in device management mouse section is not showing and the synaptics driver is also not showing and i tried to open the synaptics touchpad application it won't open in application section the synaptics app shows 0kb storage so basically after windows 10 2004 update my synaptics driver are not compatible or the window 10 2004 have a lots of bug so please help me im using a external mouse so please someone help me with this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bishal65

I recommend you download and install the driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104407.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then install the Windows precision drivers and check if it helps.

Precision driver: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1mgx14w.zip

1. Unzip the downloaded drivers to a temporary directory and make a note of where they are.
  2. Right-click on Start.
  3. Choose Device Manager.
  4. Double-click Mice and other pointing devices.
  5. Right-click on Synaptics/Elan device.
  6. Choose Update driver.
  7. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  8. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
  9. Pick Have Disk
  10. Choose Browse… and navigate to the folder where you extracted the Precision drivers.
  11. Select Autorun.inf from the directory of Precision drivers.
  12. Select Synaptics Pointing Device and then Next.
  13. On the Update Driver Warning choose Yes.
  14. Let the driver install and restart the PC to enable

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Bishal65

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

No sir this 2 method won't work after i reset my pc 4-5 times touch pad work but after a month when i update new windows commutative updated touchpad problem occur again and now i used wired mouse as pointing device please fix this problem in next update and Also sir in update section or hp support assistant showing no problem but this problem exists 

HP Recommended

@Bishal65

Thanks for keeping us posted

This definitely seems to be a driver issue. I suggest you wait for the next update and if the latest update is causing problem this will be rectified in the next coming update

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not working sir after the windows 10 20h2 19420.610 update same problem in previous version synaptics touchpad driver is completely install but not working in this version the driver can't even Install always show a massage this program is not compatible with the os 10.0.19420 please help me sir I'm waited from too long time 

HP Recommended

@Bishal65

I recommend you download and install the driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104407.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then install the Windows precision drivers and check if it helps.

Precision driver: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n1mgx14w.zip

1. Unzip the downloaded drivers to a temporary directory and make a note of where they are.
  2. Right-click on Start.
  3. Choose Device Manager.
  4. Double-click Mice and other pointing devices.
  5. Right-click on Synaptics/Elan device.
  6. Choose Update driver.
  7. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  8. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
  9. Pick Have Disk
  10. Choose Browse… and navigate to the folder where you extracted the Precision drivers.
  11. Select Autorun.inf from the directory of Precision drivers.
  12. Select Synaptics Pointing Device and then Next.
  13. On the Update Driver Warning choose Yes.
  14. Let the driver install and restart the PC to enable

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the old/windows precision driver it works

HP Recommended

@Bishal65

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.