Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The link I provided in my previous post isn't specific to Windows 10 as far as I can tell, but one thing it doesn't do is tell you how to get to the Synaptics touchpad settings. This might help (it's copied from part of a post I made in a Yahoo group):

Swipe from the right side of the screen with your finger, then tap on
all settings. If you are able to click along the right side of the
screen to get to where the charms menu used to be, you can then click
oin all settings.

If you don't have a touchscreen, click  the start menu and look for
settings. I installed an application that makes my start menu like it
used to be so I am not sure exactly where you'll find it.

Once you get to the settings window, click on devices, then mouse and
touchpad, then, under related settings, click or tap "additional mouse
options." Then click on the clickpad settings tab then the button with
the same name. Click on two finger scrolling then the gear next to
that and you should then see the box to uncheck "enable reverse
scrolling direction."

Since my start menu is modified by installing Start10 (in beta but will be an inexpensive fix to the start menu), I can't give direction on how to get to settings using the start menu. Start10 can be found here:

https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/

I'm hoping that StartMenuX, which workd well in WIn 8.1, and also added new features to the start menu in WIN 7 & 8.x, will have a fix soon so that I get the full program menu to appear horizontally instead of vertically. I have a quick hack to make it work but manually, not automatically by clicking on the start menu.

Donald

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with 1 finger scrolling.  no solution yet but posted question.  All the other settings can be changed and save ok when checking the save button before exiting.  Only having problem with horizontal and vertical 1 finger scrolling since upgrade to Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I had one finger scrolling working properly. Not sure what's different between our systems.  It sounds like you checkd the settings of the touchpad driver.

Donald

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, as in I can change it to 1 finger scrolling.. And it will stay until I restart my laptop.

Then, I have to go back into the control panel and reset the mouse every time I turn my laptop on.

Had a similar problem with setting Chrome as my default browser, but that's somehow worked itself out.

HP Recommended

Having this problem too, and switching to another earlier version doesn't help, after restarting it's back to default. I really hate pinch-zoom.

Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

Same problem here (HP Envy TS 15). Pinch zoom resizing my desktop icons all the time is sending me insane. Fix please, HP, though knowing your previous form  on issues like this, that'll come 6 months after I've bought my next (non-HP) laptop, if at all!

HP Recommended

Hi, I noticed this has been a widespread issue concerning HP laptops upgraded to Windows 10 that come with Synaptics drivers. Here is a fix I found:

1. Open Device Manager and uninstall the current driver v19.0.25.95 and tick the box that says delete the driver software for this device.

2. Open Programs and Features and uninstall the Synaptics program you see in there.

3. Head to your product page in the HP website and download the Synaptics drivers available for the OS version your laptop had prior to the Windows 10 upgrade. In my case, it's Windows 8.1.

4. Restart your computer.

5. Install the driver you downloaded from the HP product page of your laptop. Verify that the installation has finished, you need to go through the Device Driver Installation wizard.

6. Once again, open Programs and Features and check if a new Synaptics program is displayed there; its version should match the version you installed from the HP website.

7. Once again, open Device Manager and check if the Synaptics Touchpad driver changed. If not, you will see an option to Roll back to a previous version, click this and the driver will revert to the version you installed from the HP website.

8. A prompt will appear asking if you want to restart the computer now or later. Choose restart later.

9. Download this troubleshooter from Microsoft and refer to this link on how to use it. The troubleshooter, hides updates and when updates are hidden, Windows chooses not to install them.

Link- http://reviews.gizmodo.com/heres-the-incredibly-hacky-way-to-disable-windows-10-up-1720768012

Troubleshooter- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

10. Once you have located and have hidden the Synaptics update, Try changing your touchpad settings through the Control Panel and reboot to check if it saves the settings you have chosen.

I have found this as a better and safer alternative than completely disabling Windows automatic driver installation.

Sources: Gizmodo (http://reviews.gizmodo.com/heres-the-incredibly-hacky-way-to-disable-windows-10-up-1720768012)

Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930)

HP (http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/uc/welcome.html)

HP Recommended

Thank you. This finally solved my problem, after spending probably 6 hours trying to fix this. Much appreciated. I did run into some issues unintalling the software--it was saying that a .dll file was not found (I think) and unable to uninstall. But I was able to fully uninstall the software by essentialy removing the driver a second time through the mouse settings page.

HP Recommended

Hello friend,

I think that this drivers are useless for those who dont use gestures, also i red that most of Envy series have problems with touchpad drivers.
And last think, you couldn't upgrade to Windows 10 until they get stable, most of companies have not yet made drivers compatible with Windows 10. So i recommend you to get back on windows 8.1 which is a very well for made with 99% of compatible drivers. 
There is much more you should not use Win 10 yet.

Anyway i gived you my opinion, good luck with your problem, if i find something more i will post it here.

Re,

Constantine.

HP Recommended

I appreciate this work-around, even though I got my driver working properly. This might come in handy for other driver issues, or perhaps another update might mess up the touchpad driver. 

Donald

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.