Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
So I needed to do a factory reset now all I get is the following:-
Restoration incomplete
I click the retry button same thing happens.
If I click details I get the following:-
Sysprep not launched properly...
The process will cause CTO panic because the image might not be normal...

Can anyone help please first time on the forum sorry if this is a repeat post.

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How did you create the bootable drive?

Using the Media creation Tool should have set the drive up completely without this issue.

Edit:

I would try booting with Legacy Mode enabled/Secure Boot off.

F10 to boot into Bios at startup.

Arrow over to System Configuration.

Arrow down to Boot Options and disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy (if is showing).

F10 to Save and Exit.

You will be prompted to enter a code. Do this, then reboot and try to boot into the USB again.

IF that does not work,

I would recommend you either try a different drive or try cleaning this drive and create the bootable again.

how-to-clean-a-flash-drive

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @Ask46

What is the full model number of your PC please?

Also, How are you performing the recovery and what is the full error message? Does it include "FAILED DEVICE #0:
Description  : USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller"?

HP Recommended
Hi,
Notebook model HO Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Product number F5c05ea#abu
Serial number 5cd4103zvz

Performing recovery without disc as this is all pre installed.

The full error message is detailed in the original post does not include failed device.

I do have pictures of the error screen not sure how you attach them to this post.

Thanks
HP Recommended

For your own security, remove the Serial number in your post above.

That model came with Windows 8.1 originally and you upgraded to 10?

You are trying to do a recovery from the partition I assume.

Reinstall Windows 10 via the USB method using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

Create media Windows 10

When you install to the laptop, use Custom and delete the partitions first. Let Windows create new partitions itself when it installs.

IF it works, install the drivers for Win 10 from this page...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-n200-notebook-pc-series/6529948/mode...

Let me know what happens or if you need more instructions.

HP Recommended
Ok thanks for the advice. I will let you know how it goes.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have downloaded the file to a usb stick plugged it into my laptop and nothing happens could you give me some more instructions please.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Use the Media Creation Tool to burn the bootable ISO file to an (8 to 32 GB) usb flash stick on another computer that is working.

• Then on your laptop with the AC adapter plugged in, insert the USB drive and rapidly tap the the Esc key on power up, to bring up the Startup Menu.
  • Choose F9 for the Boot Device Options.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the USB drive and hit the Enter key.
  • Follow the prompts. It will ask you to select your lanquage, etc.
  • When you get to the part to choose to let Windows install automatically or use Custom, choose Custom.
  • Delete the existing partitions, then continue to install Windows.

How to install Windows 10 from USB

Is this not working?

HP Recommended

If its not working, can you see the bootable USB drive in the boot options list when you tap F9 on power on?

HP Recommended
When I go into boot menu I get the following
NO VOLUME LABEL,
[pciroot(0x0)/pci(0x13,0x0)sata((0x0), 0x0, 0x0)/hd(2,got,3d07df70-aef5-922f-e5abf5e5c107,0xc8800,0x82000)]

NO VOLUME LABEL, [pciroot(0x0)pci(0x14,0x0)/usb(0x0. 0x0)/usb(0x2,0x0)]

HP Recommended

How did you create the bootable drive?

Using the Media creation Tool should have set the drive up completely without this issue.

Edit:

I would try booting with Legacy Mode enabled/Secure Boot off.

F10 to boot into Bios at startup.

Arrow over to System Configuration.

Arrow down to Boot Options and disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy (if is showing).

F10 to Save and Exit.

You will be prompted to enter a code. Do this, then reboot and try to boot into the USB again.

IF that does not work,

I would recommend you either try a different drive or try cleaning this drive and create the bootable again.

how-to-clean-a-flash-drive

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.