Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi there, I just tried this and now my computer won't get past the windows boot manager page. it just says the required device is inaccessable. any ideas?

many thanks Jack

HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

I understand that you are having issues getting past the Windows Boot Manager page. I would like to be able to assist further. I would just need to know what the full model number of your computer is, as well what version of Windows you are running. I have included the two following links, if you need assistance.

'Guide to finding your product number'
'Which Windows operating system am I running?'

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm trying to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 8.1. The normal upgrade hasn't worked at any attempt over the last 7 days and I've tried dozens of remedies, such as sfc and DISM and all are supposedly OK. I tried repairing windows from an ISO file and it said it souldn't do it, so I thought I'd try from HP Rescue, but ran into this same problem that it says it needs to restart to work, but then only takes you back to a normal login.

Because of the above post, I went to Disk Management, but the only option I get on right clicking the HP recovery partition is Help! Any more ideas?

HP Recommended

Where can i find the product key for the Win 8.1 preinstalled on this **bleep** computer? I need it to upgrade to win 10

HP Recommended

Trying to upgrade from the pre-installed Win 8.1, the online upgrade always fails with an error message. If I try to do it with the MediaCreate tool from the iso burned to a DVD, it asks for the Win 8.1 product key. If I put in the product key found by varios product key finding programmes that does not end in OEM, it is refused. There is an option to Skip this step, but ,then it says "You booted from the installation medium. Reboot normally to Windows, then use the  medium", but, when I do, setup from the DVD never does anyhting.

I would like to try the option of putting in the product key (but one that works!). What do I do?Otherwise, what can I do? - I've done all the normal sfc and dism and dism offline things with no luck

PS I've already wasted weeks of time over the last 4 months because of this and downloaded maybe 200 Gb of upgrades!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link - I'll try it later.

In my long list above, I forgot to say that, as well as running the online DISM Restorehealth, I also uninstalled two Windows updates that are meant to cause it (I've done this  before and it works), so I'm not sure which cured it. I have the problem again since I reinstalled my laptop, so might try the method in the link (I can't see those wo updated installed this time) - I can't use the Policy method, as it's not available in common-or-garden Win 8.1

Thanks again

HP Recommended
Great mine was doing the same thing and I did this step now it says boot mgr it's missing
HP Recommended
I am having the same problem and I did the right click computer and restarted it and now it is saying bootmgr and won't even boot up now..what did I do
HP Recommended

@Uniquetouchdeta

Your recovery partition is evidently damaged and not bootable. Boot with a utility cd with disk tools and unmark that partition and mark C as Active partition again. On rebooting it should then boot into Windows.

If you don't have such a cd download Bootable CD ISO (free) and burn it to a cd.Then boot from it. You need ISO capable burning software to properly burn the cd.

http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

If needed, read this on ISO burning:

https://www.petri.com/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnisofile.htm

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

ok i downloaded bootable and put in in the lap top and it turn on and mini tool partition wizard is up.. How do I go into the settings and change that back.. I greatly appreciate all the help..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.