Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 65HP Spectre x360 13-4193nr Energy Star
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to recovery my system from the recovery media provided by HP. During the installation I am prompted with an error stating "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation". I have tried another recovery media and I am getting the same error. Any advice I can get the recovery to be completed or any steps I can try to complete the installation properly? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @danielsookoo 

Thank you for posting in the HP Community.

Let me know how it goes, if you managed to do it and if any questions or issues. I would love to hear your feedback and good news.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have tested the hardware and it passed the quick and extensive test. I am aware of the option to download and create an Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft and I have tried that and that does work but I would prefer to have the original Windows 10 installation from HP.

HP Recommended

Hello @danielsookoo 

You can watch the general instructions how to perform recovery from USB drive >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWNPf1XxeM

Make sure you follow the proper process. If you still experience issues, make sure you reach back to HP because you mentioned the recovery USB has been provided by them. Also, note that the recovery USB is per PC model and is not valid for any machine just like that.

These kind of recoveries are kind of obsolete now . The recommended procedure is the Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool. After you install Windows, all that is needed is to connect to the Internet and update Windows. Windows will automatically install most of the PC drivers (if not all of them).

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have contacted them and they said I would have to ship the device for repair since it may be a hardware issue. I  don't live in the US so that is not an option for me so I guess I would have to use the second option you provided 

HP Recommended

@  Just to provide an update, I have figured out the reason the HP Recovery was not being completed. It appears for some reason during the final stages of the installation, the BIOS file was not being installed and thus produced an error report and while error checks was being done it was spotted and the installation was halted. An attempt was made to downgrade to BIOS but an error  stating signature file not found was displayed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.