Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15cc 510tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Done routine system restart, on my 15cc510tx ,cleanes sdd, and got ntfs file error, bought new ssd installed, then it said "no os on hd, install os".

Created usb flash 64bit with windows, refresed bios, then restarted, now it is saying i have no bios, im guessing i need new usb with bios on it.  But will my laptop work at all with a new blank ssd?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LOCHNESSY69 

The first error message you got is to be expected -- as the new SSD is blank and, without boot files and an OS loaded to it, will not boot into Windows.

I don't know what it means when you say it's saying you have no BIOS -- we need the specific error message you are seeing and what the PC is doing when it displays that message.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

20201230_095516.jpg

HP Recommended

Error reads

Boot device not found

Please install os on your hard disk

Hard disk (3f0)

F2 system diagnostics,

So can I buy enclosure for ssd and run media creation tool on another pc to format and install Windows on it, will this work?

Also the ssd I bought is pci-e and my old ssd was pci m shape,  will the pci-e work with my motherboard would I just be wasting my time installing it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.