Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-f233wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi my  name  is sandy,     i just  got the  HP 15 F233  Notebook about 10  months   ago.  and i had done the  useual  factory   install   because it seemed  like it was going  slow    i never    had a  problem  with it before  until  a couple day's ago   it ran smooth no hicups  nor  errors. after   that i would  normally shut down the laptop and hope to resume my work  on the  computer the following  morning  when i  finally did turn  on my laptop  on,   this what i saw on my   screen  i have done  the factory install countless   of times  on my other    computers that i had in the past    and  I've never had this happened   my main concern  when    i  get the recovery  tools disk  would  it restore    the factory  install settings  you know  HP  Should   included  CDS and  other materials with their  laptops and desktops  as needed  tyfirst issue.png

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

Turn off your computer then turn it back on and immediately tap away ESC button then select F11 then select "Troubleshoot" and then "Advanced" and try these steps:

b.Select "Advanced options" and then select "Command Prompt".

c.If prompted, enter in the password for the user name.

d.At the Command Prompt, type the following commands and hit enter.

bootrec /scanos

bootrec /fixMBR

bootrec /Fixboot

bootrec /rebuildBCD

If prompted to press yes then press Y then restart if not then type the code below

chkdsk c: /f /r /x

After running the commands your computer should restart and will automatically install windows update. Sometimes it will take for a while to update. Just extend your patience and wait until your computer restarted successfully. DONT LEAVE YOUR COMPUTER UNATTENDED..

Hope it helps.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

do i put my  password  in?    thanks!

HP Recommended

HI,

Sorr for the late reply. My timezone is kinda way too different from you (I believe). Anyway, Yes you shoul put your password in to gain access as Administrator 🙂

Regards..

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
i am also facing the same glitch
do this works ?
HP Recommended

@skftp1996 wrote:
i am also facing the same glitch
do this works ?

Hi,

It should work. Besides if your facing the same issue what harm itll do to your computer if your computer is longer booting up? If Im i your boots id rather follow the steps than to stare at your computer doin nothin. Peace out!

HP Recommended

HI    you probably need the  System recovery  on USB Flash drive  if   you are still seening  the error   every time  you turn on your  laptop or  desktop it's  a  good ideal   to create a  system recovery disc   i  should   take my own advice doing this  but at the time i  didn't have the cd nor  the DVDS to  create    it took me  at least 3  hoursto figured  out  why  the file backup program when choosing the file backup as commend  the files  go only so  far then  stops at   certain point. so  i tried  files without backing up  it  ran smooth  as  of now  its installing the  software  after  i   skip the part about inserting  the supplental USB i dont know if the system  recovery  and the  supplemental USB or disc  is the same  thing    my hope  is  that  F11  is restore i really love the  factory install   good  luck with your compter

thanks

sandy

HP Recommended

Thank you .it worked

HP Recommended

I am a Hero - fixed my wife's computer using this process. So I am sharing the Hero award with you. Sorry no monetary value nor do you share in the big kiss I got. But a big thanks from me.

HP Recommended

This boot error kicked my butt, and you saved it!

Your repair steps were clear and simple.

U ROCK!!!

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.