Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
probook 4440s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI everyone,

My touchpad can not move in windows 10.

I installed windows 10 about 1 year ago, i remember that time touchpad moved well

But, later i installed update windows and touchpad can not move.

Besides, in bios touchpad also can not moved. I don't know whether touchpad's hardware is broken down or something related in software.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the touchpad device is not stopped and also not usable while in BIOS (Esc/F1/F2, etc), then it will mean it is corrupted - hardware issue.

Your settings seem to be fine, everything is up to date and configured and everything points to a hardware issue. Please, verify again as posted above and if not usable in BIOS mode (Esc/F1/F2, etc), you may consider it "dead".

I can see the device is out of warranty period - you may want to reach to HP Support or local HP authorized service center for replacement or just use the external USB mouse. Service fee may be applied if this is the case.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @NguyenHiep90 

OPTION 1

Please, watch this video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA

Use the F2 option during boot  and perform Component test. Test your mouse/touchpad.

OPTION 2

Fix touch pad issues -> please, watch the official video and follow the steps

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZVSnQEHavA

>> https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c03385353

Let me know how it goes - provide detailed update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Hi @IT_Winsec Thanks for your help. I would like to share details following your option Option 1: In component test, i dont see touchpad test, just having mouse test. Option 2: I made hard reset before but have no affect. My sysnaptics driver's version now is 19.0.19.65. Besides, when the problem about touchpad occured, whenever i start laptop, there is a message " press F1 to countinue, F10 to bios"
HP Recommended

Thanks for the update.

So, what happens when you try (perform) the test in Option 1 ?

Can you take a picture of the results ?

Can you post your full product model and the product number (p/n) -> here are details how to find this information >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

HP Recommended

component test.jpg

On the component screen, I chose Mouse option and I could not use touchpad but just wireless mouse. 

My laptop models is Hp probook 4440s, product number is B4V34PA#UUF.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update.

There is no option in the BIOS/UEFI to disable or adjust the Touchpad.

Can you go to the Windows Start button, type msinfo32

and open the msinfo32 System Information app.

Once you open it, make sure System Summary is highlighted

On the right side of the screen, check BIOS Version/Date

Post back your BIOS version/Date info

HP Recommended

Annotation 2020-05-27 132737.png

Hi @IT_Winsec.

This is bios version

HP Recommended

Hello @NguyenHiep90 

Thank you for the provided information.

• Just to be 100% clear - when you are in the HP start up menu (Esc) or when in the F2 diagnostics mode - are you able to use the touchpad - move the mouse with it ?
  • Your touchpad is not stopped from the upper left corner (as shown in the YT video) ?

f1.PNG

HP Recommended

If the touchpad device is not stopped and also not usable while in BIOS (Esc/F1/F2, etc), then it will mean it is corrupted - hardware issue.

Your settings seem to be fine, everything is up to date and configured and everything points to a hardware issue. Please, verify again as posted above and if not usable in BIOS mode (Esc/F1/F2, etc), you may consider it "dead".

I can see the device is out of warranty period - you may want to reach to HP Support or local HP authorized service center for replacement or just use the external USB mouse. Service fee may be applied if this is the case.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes

HP Recommended

HI @IT_Winsec,

Thanks for your support.

I would like to answer your question. I think it's hardware issue.

• Just to be 100% clear - when you are in the HP start up menu (Esc) or when in the F2 diagnostics mode - are you able to use the touchpad - move the mouse with it ?       -> I unable to use the touchpad
  • Your touchpad is not stopped from the upper left corner (as shown in the YT video) ?     ->yes, it's not stopped from upper left corner.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.