Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

UEFI mode problems

Pavilion G6 2014TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I am having A Hp pavilion G6 2014TX...

In my bios I can see UEFI boot device option...
But when i try to boot from a UEFI boot disk made by Rufus the bios is unable to identify the disk for boot.
Doesn't my pc support UEFI?
My bios version is F.26..

Here is the screenshot...

IMG_20151222_115502.jpg

Thanks in Advance

7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
1979 1975 183 585
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

UEFI mode problems

Rufus is a third party software/Freeware and not compatible with all Firmware.

Try a different software. I would suggest booting directly to UEFI instead of other software.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Varunhellboy Tutor
Tutor
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

UEFI mode problems

My problem is to install windows in uefi mode which I am not being able to....
0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

UEFI mode problems

@Varunhellboy wrote:
I am having A Hp pavilion G6 2014TX...

In my bios I can see UEFI boot device option...
But when i try to boot from a UEFI boot disk made by Rufus the bios is unable to identify the disk for boot.
Doesn't my pc support UEFI?
My bios version is F.26...

Thanks in Advance

If your trying to go to advance feature you don't get that option nor will HP allow you to do that.

Also note: Genuine Windows 7 Home Basic 64

Windows 7 machine doesn't have UEFI it has the legacy BIOS version.

Don't understand here is the model specs and scroll to the bottom to see it say what O/S it has.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03340736

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
Varunhellboy Tutor
Tutor
5 3 1 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

UEFI mode problems

When windows 8 was released Hp provided a bios upgrade showing uefi options.... What are those for then ?
0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
11219 11181 436 813
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

UEFI mode problems

@Varunhellboy wrote:
When windows 8 was released Hp provided a bios upgrade showing uefi options.... What are those for then ?

Where? It most likely was for those that came with UEFI from the factory not to upgrade a non UEFI legacy system.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
0 Kudos
Varunhellboy Tutor
Tutor
5 3 1 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

UEFI mode problems

Never Mind dude i fixed the problem by using older bios version F.24 ....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
no0ne Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

UEFI mode problems

Rufus Settings for Legacy/UEFI Modes.

Basically you need to Write the .iso in a different format in order for the system to detect the device (USB) under each Mode.

See Images Below for Settings;

rufus-2.15_2017-07-27_17-08-46.png

^ Legacy Mode > MBR Partition Scheme for BIOS or UEFI. (FAT32)

rufus-2.15_2017-07-27_17-11-09.png

^UEFI Mode > MBR Partition Scheme for UEFI (FAT32)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation