Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Received notification via HP Support Assistant this evening for 8 updates in respect of my newly purchased HP Laptop 14-bw0xx.

Only 2 of the updates failed to install despite repeated attempts. The rest were successfully installed at first go.

The failed updates are: shown in the attached picture. 

Anyone else having the same problem that I faced? Or I'm the only one?

Or is there a way to download these updates manually (rather than through HP Support Assistant) and then update the same offline?

Thank youUpdates that could not be excuted despite repeated attemptsUpdates that could not be excuted despite repeated attempts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EricYap

Drivers here:

Software and Drivers - HP 14-bw000 Laptop PC

There are lots of models in this series as shown in Product Information > Product Specifications

The HP Support Assistant itself may need to be removed / updated / reinstalled.

Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features >

Scroll down, find, Uninstall the HP Support Assistant

After the uninstall is completed, Restart the computer and log in

Download:

HP Support Assistant

• If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator and install.

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎

Notes

You always have a choice --

• HPSA can easily be set to "Notify" you as opposed to "automatic" download and installation.    Once set to Notify, select and download drivers as / if wanted.
  • Lots of people in the world choose to manually download and install drivers -- the HPSA is a convenient tool; its use is not mandatory.

Know that HPSA can update installed drivers / software -- it does not seek out and install software / drivers that are not already on the computer.

Check the driver version in the Device Manager to verify current / installed driver.

If a driver refuses to install, the cause may be (and not limited to):

• The driver may not be the appropriate version (as compared to the version already installed),
  • The driver may not be compatible with the OS / File System -- uncommon, but might happen -- in this case, the driver should fail to install; the system is supposed to protect itself against incompatible software,
  • The driver may have other installation issues - also uncommon, but might happen -- corrective measure(s) depend on the underlying cause of the failure
  • The "Driver" might actually be a BIOS update in which case the HPSA should NOT be used to update.

Reference

Device Homepage

Drivers and Software, Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more

HP 14-bw000 Laptop PC

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@EricYap

Drivers here:

Software and Drivers - HP 14-bw000 Laptop PC

There are lots of models in this series as shown in Product Information > Product Specifications

The HP Support Assistant itself may need to be removed / updated / reinstalled.

Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features >

Scroll down, find, Uninstall the HP Support Assistant

After the uninstall is completed, Restart the computer and log in

Download:

HP Support Assistant

• If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, select run as Administrator and install.

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 😎

Notes

You always have a choice --

• HPSA can easily be set to "Notify" you as opposed to "automatic" download and installation.    Once set to Notify, select and download drivers as / if wanted.
  • Lots of people in the world choose to manually download and install drivers -- the HPSA is a convenient tool; its use is not mandatory.

Know that HPSA can update installed drivers / software -- it does not seek out and install software / drivers that are not already on the computer.

Check the driver version in the Device Manager to verify current / installed driver.

If a driver refuses to install, the cause may be (and not limited to):

• The driver may not be the appropriate version (as compared to the version already installed),
  • The driver may not be compatible with the OS / File System -- uncommon, but might happen -- in this case, the driver should fail to install; the system is supposed to protect itself against incompatible software,
  • The driver may have other installation issues - also uncommon, but might happen -- corrective measure(s) depend on the underlying cause of the failure
  • The "Driver" might actually be a BIOS update in which case the HPSA should NOT be used to update.

Reference

Device Homepage

Drivers and Software, Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more

HP 14-bw000 Laptop PC

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur,

Thank you for your reply. Appreciate the same.

For now, I'll leave these two be unless I'm advised these are critical patches/updates.

I'll revisit the need to update these two drivers in a couple of weeks. 

Cheers

Eric

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur,

Just to let you know that all drivers are successfully updated except now the BIOS update (F.25) degrades the performance of my notebook :Crying:

I have posted my problem here - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Laptop-14-bw0xx-AMD-A9-Degr...

HP Recommended

@EricYap

Well, rats.  I am sorry to hear that.

You have done the right thing to open a new thread on the subject.  Doing so has garnered interest of the community, something that would not have happened on a "solved" or already answered thread.

We are looking to capture the information where the BIOS appears to have slowed operations -- unfortunately, we cannot do so unless the computer is on our home turf (located in the USA).

This does not mean there is not help, it just means that the issue, if there is one, may not fully identified. 

Just for my own curiosity, If you would like to answer...

How did you update the BIOS, that is, what steps did you follow?

For example,

• Verify that you are running Windows version 1803? (10.0.17134 Build 17134)
  • If there were any connected devices (USB drives, etc), did you disconnect / remove those devices before the BIOS was updated?
  • What was the previous version of BIOS on your system?
  • Where you having trouble with the system before you updated the BIOS to V25?  That is, were updates refusing to install, were there other issues that indicated the need for the BIOS update?  What were those issues?
  • Assuming the computer was connected to AC power during the BIOS update, confirm?
  • Was the BIOS the last software you updated?  That is, did you update all other HP software and drivers listed (at the least those dated for 2018) in the Software and Driver Support page AND did you run Windows Updates before you updated the BIOS? 
  • There appear to be just shy of 100 Specification files  in the Product information list for models in this series, which model do you have?  (Product Number?)

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hiya @Dragon-Fur,

Here is the information that you asked for:

Windows 10's version 1803 (installed 2018 June 10) / OS Build:17134.165

There is a USB 3.0 hub (AC powered) connected to my notebook; it is connected to my Canon MFP. Both were switched on at the time of BIOS updating took place.

Previous version of BIOS - I'm afraid the information isn't available. I didn't check prior to updating and the HP Support Assistant app doesn't show either.

Yes, the notebook was powered by AC during BIOS update. No failure message.

The updating was done on 13 June 2018 after receipt of notification in HP Support Assistant app; BIOS was updated first followed by wireless LAN driver, Bluetooth driver, LAN driver & HD audio driver (all Realtek chipset), and thereafter AMD HD graphic driver. AMD HD graphic driver failed in installation which resulted in Radeon setting stating that there wasn't any AMD graphic driver in the system (display still worked). 

Went to AMD's site and downloaded the driver for R5 Adrenalin Edition 18.7.1 Optional (release date 12 July 2018). Manually installed, and I have back the Radeon setting running properly.

Windows Update was run on 11 July 2018 - successful & without any hiccups. That is, WIndows Update was done earlier that the BIOS update.

The model of my HP AMD-A9 notebook is 2BD82PA#UUF (it comes with a default 4GB memory & I replaced it with a 8GB memory at the shop).

BIOS update - I left it to the HP Support Assistant to do; the whole process was automated. Nothing abnormal displayed on screen (even up to the stage when the BIOS was updating before Windows booted up).

I hope the above information will be of help. I have a nagging suspicion it is the BIOS since previously my notebook was well-behaved :OpenSmile: and my software apps are run-of-the-mill stuff (no torrent, no peer-to-peer stuff, no Hotspotting etc & I don't use TOR browser).

Keeping my fingers crossed that there is a solution here in the forum and/or from HP. 

Thank you, again, for keeping in touch. Appreciate it.

Cheers

Eric

HP Recommended

@EricYap

Thank you for taking the time to add the information.

Although I don’t have anything useful to add, one of our staff will add your input to what is known about the issue.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.