Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15t Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

The Windows button in the taskbar has gone white and will not work when I click on it.  I have tried to run diagnostics, they start up and then immediately disappear.  I cannot fix this and HP will not help because I am beyond warranty.  How do I get some help with this?  OR, has this laptop turned into a paperweight?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@klossdmk 

It doesn't help us when you provide us false information -- as I am reasonably certain you are NOT running Windows 10 IOT as that is an embedded OS is that is not present in PCs sold to the public. To find out the real version you are running, enter "winver" (without the quotes) into the search area and read what is displayed in the small window.

As to the issue, WHICH diagnostics are you trying to run -- HP or Windows? 

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I did not intend to mislead, but you already know that.

I am unable to type anything into the search box, cannot even bring it up.  The task bar is not working at all.  I tried to get to both HP and Windows diagnostics and neither one would work.  I can bring up the page and click on the diagnostic I want to run.  The program looks like it is starting, and then it disappears and I am back to my desktop screen.

I appreciate your help with this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.