Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Dh1025TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, my system does not support device encryption & while checking the system info i have found that device encryption support is showing as "elevation required to view".  i need support to enable the device encryption

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Abbyblr 

Device encryption is a feature that requires hardware support (TPM 2.0 and Instant Go feature).

You can check if InstantGO is available on your computer.

1. Click on the Start button, type and select Command Prompt. Run it as Administrator.

2. Type the following command:

powercfg /a

and hit [ENTER]

• If the results show that Standby <Connected> is available, or if it shows (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected , then you do have InstantGO on the computer.
  • If it shows: Standby <Connected>    The system firmware does not support this standby state , then InstantGO is not supported on the computer.

Let me know how it goes

You can also check if requirements are met by checking the status in msinfo32 app

Ref. >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-InstantGo-Connected-Stand...

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

while checked as admin i got the below update

The following sleep states are available on this system:
Standby (S3)
Hibernate
Hybrid Sleep
Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

HP Recommended

Hi,

Based on the information above, your hardware does not support InstantGo

>> https://www.thomasmaurer.ch/2015/01/troubleshoot-windows-instantgo-connected-standby/

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Is there any method to enable the device encryption.

HP Recommended

You can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (the professional edition of Windows) to activate the full version of Bitlocker

or

You can use a 3rd party application (free and with an open source code) called >VeraCrypt< to activate full disk encryption

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.