Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Question.  I notice the devices BIOS is on version F.05 and the latest on the website is F.0A.  Which is newer and should i update it?

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

@Dudefoxlivewrote:

Question.  I notice the devices BIOS is on version F.05 and the latest on the website is F.0A.  Which is newer and should i update it?

Personally, I do not recommend you do it unless you (or the user) experience some issues with your existing BIOS and you are sure that the new BIOS will fix it.

General recommendation I provide to users/customers is NOT to upgrade BIOS/UEFI unless they experience any kind of specific BIOS/UEFI issue. Updating just for updaing and just for using the latest verson is not solution. Any kind of update (no matter for what and who relesed it) can fix 2 issues but may introduce 10 more issues. Additionally, upgrading the BIOS (for any vendor) poses more risks because BIOS recovery is not that easy as compared to typical software updates IF something goes wrong.

Same applies for Windows Updates, OS update, drivers updates, etc - upgrade/update IF you have issues which you know are fixed in the newer version or for some severe security issues. Otherwise, keep the existing version as long as possible.

Second opinion on this matter >> https://www.howtogeek.com/136881/htg-explains-do-you-need-to-update-your-computers-bios/

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Question.  I see it has a Realtek Bluetooth and i was wondering.  Does the driver for the wireless card include the Driver for the BT?  I don't see a dedicated Driver for the BT that is Realtek.  Only Broadcom and Intel.

HP Recommended

@Dudefoxlivewrote:

Question.  I see it has a Realtek Bluetooth and i was wondering.  Does the driver for the wireless card include the Driver for the BT?

I don't think so.

But I believe you won't need any drivers to download or install manually. Once you install Windows 10, it should detect the wi-fi adapter and have it installed automatically. If you run Windows Update right after installation, it should download/deploy the drivers from there.

I use HP Stream 11 (slightly newer model than the one you need to fix now) and I am posting this from it now. I was given it by HP as a loaner PC and I have been using it in the past 10 months to gain experience with it. My model didn't need any drivers from HP website, Windows 10 installed them all automatically from WU.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I my self am a BIG Windows 7 User still.  Sadly when 2020 roles around i will have to upgrade for security and what not.  I wish i could put 7 on here but i think storage is the biggest problem with it.  Windows 10 will work though.  im creating the USB and i backed up as much of the OEM Stuff as i could.  

HP Recommended

will removing all factory installed files remove the GUI on the HP Hardware Diagnostics for this PC?  i know some keep the GUI as a partition on some HP Computers.  Don't know how is it on others.

HP Recommended

@Dudefoxlivewrote:

will removing all factory installed files remove the GUI on the HP Hardware Diagnostics for this PC?

Yes, it will. You will then be left with the basic diagnostics part of the BIOS (not UEFI one).

However, you might be able to recover it / reinstall it back or use the portable USB one  >> http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

HP Recommended

I did reinstall it.  I am also reinstalling it on all the HP computers that would have had it.  Defently a good utility to have when testing hardware in the system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.