Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

AMEN !!! There is no reason that this update should be this quirky and the instructions so vague. C'mon HP ... get with the program ... please!! 🙄

HP Recommended

me too. Also while I appreciated the efforts of those that have posted workarounds this does not help me. I get lost beyond clicking on a button, lol. Please HP,  send something to my support assistant.

HP Recommended

Yesterday I mailed a letter to the President of HP that fully explains how HP has let us down.  It included this paragraph.

"My three HP devices worked great until Microsoft tried to automatically install Windows 10-1903 on my laptop.  The install failed because your company failed to upgrade the “iastorA.sys” file on my computer.  Your down level module is forcing thousands of your customers to make hazardous changes to the operating system that could leave them unable to start their HP computers." 

Now we wait to see if anything happens.

HP Recommended

That's fair. I wouldn't expect the average user to be doing all this!

HP Recommended

Very welcome! Glad that solved the issue!

HP Recommended

I did not convert the Hard drive from Master Boot Record to GUID Partition Table, no.

For others who are wondering:

https://www.howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/

HP Recommended

Neat. The President of HP has a publicly available email address you can actually send stuff to? I mean, I'd expect a standard user would call HP / Omen tech support and eventually get the answer / fix. Normally on the back end of things (software support's internal resources), they'd have a list of known bugs and work arounds and eventually send out a hot fix or include the fix in the next update. But I just work here. Oh wait, lol, I don't work here! I need to get out of this forum that I don't get paid for!

HP Recommended

hello 

you can use Microsoft Update assostant to upgrade your windows 10 to 1903

you can use this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant

i hove it will solve your problem..😊

HP Recommended

I downloaded and ran the Windows Update Assistant a week ago.  It quit with the same problem as the automated install with the message of the backlevel module.  I boot from a 500GB SSD drive which will not work if I screw up trying to fix this myself.

On behalf of all of  us, I wrote a real letter, put a stamp on it, and mailed it to the President of HP.  Gosh, I just realized that in the mid-1960's I was the IBM Systems Engineer to HP.  Too bad I don't have that connection any more. 

Do I expect any action?  NO, none at all.  I expect to be ignored.  My only hope is that the president's Executive Secretary is old school with a personal commitment to see that all incoming is logged and responded to in a reasonable time.

HP Recommended

You're obviously far tec superior to me but I have updated two of my desktops all in one, and my old spare laptop, the two desktops would not update with Windows auto-update, this one I'm using now was updating for most of two days and with the usual error when it came to implementing the update, and the same for one attempt with the other desktop, the Windows assistant did the updates with no problems at the first attempt for both desktops, the old laptop I went straight to Windows assistant and updated even quicker, just an amateurs thought,it wouldn't be because you are using the SDD drive that could be the reason could it,anyway,hope you get the problem sorted soon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.