Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

You Da Man!  Worked like a CHARM!

HP Recommended

Worked for me too!  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, it does not work for me.

When i start hp client security (to try make changes of settings), there is only "Finish" aktive button, and no other. ==>does not help.

When try to manipulate instalation(repair of uninstall) hp security client ==> i receive error message concerning (regsvr32 /u /i) dppassfilter.dll. (error is in /i because this ddl (with argument /u) go unregistring successiful).

i Have edit registry , specialy HKEY_Local_machine\currentcontrolset\control\lsa\ notification package ==>dos not help.

I havent DVD ...

did some one have idea how to remove HP Client Security (before reinstall OS)

HP Recommended

Worked like a charm and to be honest, I don't think I would have ever thought about the DVD drive being the issue. It is built in, from HP, and supported by HP...why would they miss a HUGE flaw in the drivers like that one.

Thank you for figuring it out, otherwise this would have haunted me for days until I broke down and called HP.

HP Recommended

Disabling dvd, reboot, fixed mine, Great stuff.

HP Recommended

Actualy There is not DVD (phisical or build in) in device manager. Its Elitebook 840 G2. 

I solve my issue by restoring original OS and uninstall application till it is still fresh. :OpenSmile:

Therible in this solution is that it should be killed work computer 

HP Recommended

Thanks BenR2,  I have been working with computers for many years now, and always uninstall these additional utilities as I find they slow things down. This time however, HP really decided to make it ridiculously difficult & absurd.

Thanks for the research & resolution. Worked a treat.   Aviator_888 

HP Recommended

Thanks, very useful

HP Recommended

Tnanks BenR2,

This tip still works in 2016.

HP probook 450 G3 with Windows 7 pro.

This should be fixed by now HP.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Does HP notice that this bug has existed for years and that there is a great clue here regarging the cause?  FIX IT!  

Temporarily disabling the DVD in Devices just worked for me on 6/20/2016.  

THANK YOU!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.