Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried all availble options. I found the previous post, and this is not helpful. It is for if you have a bitlocker ID. 

I DO NOT HAVE THIS. I have never set up Bitlocker. I do not have a key, password, or account. I spent 12 hours over 2 days (while on vacation in Mexico) on the phone with your troubleshooting team. It was then determined that I needed to warranty the computer, since I am completely locked out. I have now spent HOURS on the phone trying to do this, only to be transferred endlessly, with no one who can seem to figure out how to do this. I have had this laptop for 5 months. I have a factory warranty. 

While in Mexico, we were told to go find a USB drive and download Windows to completely force a reset of my computer. 4 hours later, that didn't work. None of the other solutions for troubleshooting provided by HP tech team has worked. Now, every time I call, I am just hung up on. I spent over $1000 on this laptop, and now it is completely encrypted. I have a factory warranty that I can't even use, because I just get stuck in a cycle of transfers, and no one will help me. I am a teacher and PhD student, and have now not had a computer for 5 days. I am typing this on an old, completely insufficient device. 

I need help. Don't just copy paste the solution with where to find the key. Actually have a PERSON (human species-not a bot) read this and respond. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ChristineSTEM 

First of all, to properly set your expectations, we are not HP Tech Support and we have no way of contacting you directly or of accessing your PC.  So, all we can do is provide links to things you can do on your own.

Second, we have no way of retrieving your BItLocker key; all we can do is provide a link to Microsoft information that provides information about YOU doing this:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key-in-windows-10-6b71ad...

Third, I am sorry for the treatment you have received and will contact the forum MODs to see if they can have someone contact you from HP to work through this situation.  So, be looking for a PM from one of the MODs with contact information.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.