Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x2 Detachable 2-in-1 Laptop Tablet,10.1? HD IPS Touchscreen Intel Quad-Core Atom x5-Z835
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HP Pavilion x2 Detachable 2-in-1 Laptop Tablet,10.1? HD IPS Touchscreen Intel Quad-Core Atom x5-Z8350, 32GB eMMC SSD, 2GB RAM, 802.11ac, Wifi, Bluetooth, Windows 10-Silver

I've recently updated my 2 in 1 yesterday to windows 10. I used an external SD card cause my laptop doesnt hold alot of storage. But now when you turn on it says "undoing changes". Its been doing that since yesterday. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sunshineb11 

I'm sorry no one has responded to you before this -- but it's likely because they didn't want to pass along the bad news that your PC is now basically unusable due to the Windows Upgrade having failed during the process and NOW, being unable to restore the previous, working state of your PC.

With a PC stuck in this mode, the only working solution is usually to do a Clean-Install using Windows install media, and that will erase everything you currently have on the PC.

SInce you were likely unable to boot from the SD card, I'm presuming you did an in-place Win10 Upgrade from a prior OS, right>  Was that Win7 or Win8?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I believe it was windows 8. how do i do the clear install

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.