01-17-2019 01:07 AM - last edited on 01-19-2019 12:04 PM by rick-s
I received some updates this morning but the HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 184.108.40.206 fails to update due to error 0x800703e3,
So I downloaded the file manually from [link removed] but I don't know how to install it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-17-2019 01:57 AM
To install the drivers
- Open a command prompt from the Start menu.
- To extract the driver files, type the following command at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:expand <CAB FILE NAME> -F:* <DESTINATION>
- To stage the driver for plug and play installation or for the Add Printer Wizard, use PnPutil as described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:The staging and the installation of driver packages by using the PnP Utility (Pnputil.exe) in Windows VistaNote To install a cross-architecture print driver, you must already have installed the local architecture driver, and you will still need the cross-architecture copy of Ntprint.inf from another system. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:952065 You cannot install third-party printer drivers for cross-architecture support in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008
You may refer this post for for all the tutorials.
In case you have other Windows 10 update problems, check out the article.
01-17-2019 04:49 AM - edited 01-18-2019 02:46 AM
I had the same error. Following process will resolve your problem:
1. Make a work folder anywhere you want.
2. Open an explorer and go to the downloaded cab file, then left-double-click it (7e0135c7- blah-blah.cab) to open.
3. You can see three files. They are what the cab file contain. Hit Ctrl-A to focus all of them.
4. Copy those three files into the work folder you created. (Drag&drop them by right-mouse-button to the target folder, then click "copy".)
5. Go to the work folder and RIGHT-CLICK the .inf file. A small dialog window will pop-up.
6. Left-click "install".
Hope this will help. It worked for me, and the error message is now gone.
Oh, btw, you must set the explorer to display file extensions beforehand so that you know which one is .inf file.
01-17-2019 08:33 AM
Okay, forgive me for being technologically challenged, but you just spoke Greek to me and I have no idea what you meant.
1. Work folder? Do you mean just create a regular folder?
2. open an exploer? Do you mean internet explorer, chrome, firefox? What is a cab file?
5. go to the work folder and click .inf? Am I just changing the name of the file?
01-17-2019 09:47 AM
Yeah me too, BUT going to another HIDClass discussion there is a way to HIDE this update that wont' install.. Supposedly ita a HP Button driver that should have already been installed a few months back. It did on my laptops thru HP Support Assist not thru Windows. Go checkthat
Here's the link to Hide the Windpws Update once you check Suppiort Assist>>
01-17-2019 10:04 AM
Windows 10 Home version/build 1809, HP Pavilion Notebook, 64-bit operating system.
Like everyone else on this board I did see error message 0x800703e3 on Windows update. My error message was different. "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. HP Inc, - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 220.127.116.11 Error 0x800703e3".
I am seeing old update dated 10/30/2018. How do you remove this update message on Windows update? I am very aware of the fake support warning the HP has sent to me in my secured mail.
01-17-2019 10:13 AM
Takfuji1's answer worked for me; however, I suggest a change to his step 4. Instead of copying the three files to a temporary folder, do the following:
- Select the three files
- Right-click, choose "Extract", and extract the files to your temporary folder.
- Follow Takfuji1's remaining steps.