01-18-2019 12:24 PM
that's always a proble. Just because Windows AND Intel tell you that you have HP updates doesn't always mean that they know what they are talking about. My rule is NEVER force the issue.
Always safest to wait for HP to issue the update through thier Support Assist App. OR you can always go to this HP page, it will look up your machine and tell you what drivers you should be using.
01-20-2019 05:28 AM
Cool. I can't even find that Windows Update anymore anyway. I have rechecked Device manager again and it says the update HP installed in Sept is still the right one. I'm finished with this. Right now having TOO big an issue with Intel Driver Updates that wont install. Those I will NEVER FORCE as some are saying. Good luck with HID this is my last post>>>
01-20-2019 01:22 PM
Having Patience is a virtue. My issue was resolve by HP and Microsoft. When I ran a Windows update Sunday (01/20/2019, )the update was removed from Windows Update. I first got Windows update on 01/17/2019. :OpenSmile:
01-21-2019 02:34 PM - edited 01-22-2019 05:58 AM
I received some updates this morning but the HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 18.104.22.168 fails to update due to error 0x800703e3,
So I downloaded the file manually from [link removed] but I don't know how to install it.
I had the same error. Following process will resolve your problem:
1. Make a work folder anywhere you want.
2. Open an explorer and go to the downloaded cab file, then left-double-click it (7e0135c7- blah-blah.cab) to open.
3. You can see three files. They are what the cab file contain. Hit Ctrl-A to focus all of them.
4. Copy those three files into the work folder you created. (Drag&drop them by right-mouse-button to the target folder, then click "copy".)
5. Go to the work folder and RIGHT-CLICK the .inf file. A small dialog window will pop-up.
6. Left-click "install".
Hope this will help. It worked for me, and the error message is now gone.
Oh, btw, you must set the explorer to display file extensions beforehand so that you know which one is .inf file.