4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1903

HP Recommended
Envy x360 15-bp003nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Update to Windows 10 Version 1903.  Windows update page on my laptop indicates that a the new version 1903 is available, but not totaly compatible with my HP Envy X360, so it is put on hold. When I click on "more information" , a Microsoft website is opened  with all known issues concerning the upgrade to 1903.

A problem that exists for my laptop is the Intel Audio display driver intcdaud.sys versions 10.25.0.3 to 10.25.0.8 (I have the 10.25.05), causing a serious battery drain.

This version of the intcduad.sys is part of the Intel (HD) graphics driver version 24.20.100.6025, and is the latest version on the support website of my HP envy X360 15-bp003nb.

So went to the Intel support website and started the application Intel driver and support Assistant. The App recognized the old installed version of the Intel (HD) graphics driver, but did not want to update the version because :

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Hewlett-Packard (HP) for the latest driver for your computer.

But on the HP support website there is no newer version of the Intel (HD) Graphics 620 driver.

The Windows 10 version actualy installed on my laptop is1803 and as of November 2019 Microsoft will no longer support it.

So what can I do. Is my laptop old fashioned after only 2 years ???????????????

Realy can use any help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
120,071 110,251 17,569 26,871
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see my knowledgebase article at the link below for how to manually update the graphics driver to the latest version on the Intel website...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-I...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, you made my day. 

After the installation of the new driver from intel I could install Windows 1903 without any problem from the update page of my laptop.

I hope this will help a lot of people.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
120,071 110,251 17,569 26,871
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation